Wrights Landing Marina

cjc

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/31/2020 at 1:21 PM, Miss em said:

Plans are out now for the International Marina Rehab.  Completion Date is July 2021.

Pages from INTERNATIONAL Marina Plan.jpg

Just let me put in a few tidbits.  From what I can see with this plan with that new dockage in that position, entering and leaving the launch area is going to be a nightmare.  There is simply too small an opening if you will leading into and out of the launch area.  And the position of that opening forces you towards the exiting dockage area.  Whoever designed this has never so much as launched a rowboat.  With that new walkway leading to the lovely arch we are losing more parking for trailers.  This plan seems to be a disgrace and a nuisance for anyone launching at Wright's landing.  Please correct me if I'm misinterpreting some aspect of this design but at this point I don't think this will turn out well for boaters and fisherman using the launch area.

• Like 1

just read barlows state of the city address and he states that wrights landing will be open june1 and the international pier work will begin this spring and be completed in 2022.dont shoot the messenger!!!!!

On 1/16/2021 at 10:26 AM, billy p said:

Just let me put in a few tidbits.  From what I can see with this plan with that new dockage in that position, entering and leaving the launch area is going to be a nightmare.  There is simply too small an opening if you will leading into and out of the launch area.  And the position of that opening forces you towards the exiting dockage area.  Whoever designed this has never so much as launched a rowboat.  With that new walkway leading to the lovely arch we are losing more parking for trailers.  This plan seems to be a disgrace and a nuisance for anyone launching at Wright's landing.  Please correct me if I'm misinterpreting some aspect of this design but at this point I don't think this will turn out well for boaters and fisherman using the launch area.

Just wait till the first big west wind... it can get as big as 4 foot waves there at least... I certainly wouldnt want my boat parked there.

• Like 1

I never saw in my life a such a stupid blue print with all the problems for now once the sight is open and long into the future. How many boats that will bang into each other going into and out of the marina. Then the fuel pump can wait for that to explode, that if you can get into get fuel and once you do how long to get out. Not one person ever had a clue how to build this proper they were worried about the park, bike trail, dog park. I will find out how money that they took form this project and put where it was not to be used for except the marina.

• Like 2

Tall Tails and cjc are dead on the money.  This plan is a disaster.  You have a 6 lane boat launch where all of those boats using the boat launch, from rowboats to monster fishing boats, coming and going through one small opening with dockage immediately to your left and right and boaters coming and going out of dozens of boat slips.  Plus the gas dock and boaters going to and from the gas doc.  Plus strong winds, particularly west winds causing all sorts of problems.  Plus reduced parking for trailers. Only an idiot could come up with plans like this and it takes an even bigger idiot to approve the plans that the first idiot created.  This plan is going to turn one of the best marinas on Lake Ontario into a congested nightmare.  The illustrious Mayor Barlow doesn't have a clue to how these plans are going to create a mess.  So here's your chance Mayor Barlow.  Address our concerns.  Explain the plans to us.  Tell us how a narrow opening from a 6 lane launch area with dozens of boat slips immediately to the left and right is NOT going to be a problem.  Tell us how forcing boaters to go through that congested area to a gas dock will work out well.  Mayor Barlow, you always seem to be able to get in front of a TV news camera or turn up on a radio talk show.  So just once, address the concerns of the boaters and fisherman who come to Oswego and spend all sorts of money in your city on gas, bait, tackle, boat slips, fishing charters, motels, shopping, bars, and restaurants.

I never saw in my life a such a stupid blue print with all the problems for now once the sight is open and long into the future. How many boats that will bang into each other going into and out of the marina. Then the fuel pump can wait for that to explode, that if you can get into get fuel and once you do how long to get out. Not one person ever had a clue how to build this proper they were worried about the park, bike trail, dog park. I will find out how money that they took form this project and put where it was not to be used for except the marina.

Its to call state and federal men and woman we put in office to see how this money was to be used for Wrights Landing and for nothing else but for the Marine. No bike trail, no park, no dog park, and all other projects not related to the Marina. I will bet you or I will find along wish list that that money went to. Then it is time for criminal charges.

• 4 weeks later...

I talked to someone that is associated with the billing , they were in the process of getting the bills ready to go out last week. I am guessing we will see them in the next 2 weeks.

Capt Rich

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United