Jump to content

GAMBLER

Professional
  • Posts

    9,908
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GAMBLER

  1. Tom, Grass carp do not eat plankton. They eat vegatation. Not a threat to the Great Lakes. The other Asian carp are bad.
  2. You and me both. Could have sold a ton of spoons on LOU!
  3. Driving Park Bridge. Stand and watch below and you will see kings shoot the rapids below the falls pool.
  4. The staging kings hit stuff now out of aggression not hunger. There stomachs tighten up and they can not eat. Odd colors produce at this time of the year over natural colors.
  5. Take a ride and stand on the bridge for a while. They should be there.
  6. Carpedium, Go with an electric or propane smoker. THey are more expensive but way easier to use. Charcoal smokers are ok but it is a lot harder to regulate the temp of the smoker.
  7. lol.. brian.....lets not get into this start your own derby thing again.....and i wonder when the last time was dave ever spent the bucks for a polygragh. let's be real. I know I had one in the Fall derby in 2005.
  8. This weekend. There are lots of perch to be caught!
  9. Awesome story. Thanks for posting Bill.
  10. Dave Chilson has to do what is in the best interest of the derby to keep cheating out. If you don't like the rules, start your own derby and see how easy it is to make everyone happy and keep cheating to a minimum.
  11. Nice laker Dave. Too bad it was between derbies. It happens all the time.
  12. Sorry to hear about your crappy day. Hope the next try is better Lew.
  13. The Sealines are better than the Accudepths. I would spend the money and buy the BEST reel on the market - The Saltist reel. Super smooth drag, adjusts better than the Tekotas, and the 6.1 to 1 gear ratio is amazing on Lake O fish.
  14. Nice pics Steve.
  15. As stated above, ditch the mono and ise wire. Mono will not get you down enough on most days.
  16. Looks like a nice male coho to me.
  17. Weigh stations would not go for it. they do not get paid as it is.
  18. Only allow this for people that are signed up for the entire derby? I hate this rule too. Keeps me from fishing more evenings in the fall derby.
  19. And less accurate!
  20. I had the same thing happen to me. I could not figure it out so I just started pushing buttons and turning it on and off until it went back.
  21. I have run them in 4 -5's with no problems. Could there have been frays in the line?
  22. I have been using the 250lb power pro on my otter boats for year now and the only time it ever broke on me was when a blow boater ran over my board in 180 FOW off of Sandy!
  23. Is the clutch slipping? Tighten the star knob on the side of the rigger.
  24. I'm in. They can have our share and we can just keep the cold. That will make some good ice for me to sit on all winter.
×
×
  • Create New...