Why Did This Happen

stan

STUPID SHOULD HURT! That boat was WAY overpowered and, like Vince said, they were just trying to get some dramatic high speed footage. The first indication something was wrong with the setup should have been the boat "chine walking" with a 6 inch chop. He had only the prop in the water and no weight in the bow. When he crossed the other boat's wake at such a shallow angle and at that speed the boat was bound to flip.

Good thing he was wearing his lifejacket. Too bad there was too much power on the boat with too little brain behind the wheel.

He had that motor tilted way too much trying to get a lot of speed. Too much air under the boat. Also engine way to heavy. i.e not aerodynamic like the boat, so it came down first. Torque of the prop probably caused it to turn, then dug in with a little help from the driver's "wtf.'

In other words - studipity.

Tom B.

(LongLine)

Paul,

Be thankful you are behind the wheel of a 10 meter Trojan and the thought of the boat being WAY over powered should not come to mind.

JERRY

RUNNIN REBEL

Now that's FUNNY right there! I owe you one Felluca! :rofl: And you're 100% right. With my 10M I never have to worry about going so fast that I flip over---and I can do that in ANY water!

See ya soon!

Paul,

I am glad you took that comment for what it was meant ( A FRIENDLY JAB) Besides you can & will find me miles off shore at EVERY tournament AGAIN this year. I would be nuts to insult you this early in the tournament season. SEE YOU SOON.

JERRY

RUNNIN REBEL

Jerry, I would be willing to bet your 26' Penn yan is as heavy as Paul's 30' Trojan. The only reason you fish for Browns is your boat is too heavy/expensive to take offshore! :lol:

Chad,

Free spirit & Runnin Rebel both weigh the same EMPTY. It is when we both get onboard that the BIG weight difference shows up.

Jerry

Runnin Rebel

P.S. (double jab)

Just for that, Mr. Funny Pants, I'm gonna follow you around more this year than EVER. Expect to see that BIG, FAT decal covered 33' hunk of super slow fiberglass everywhere you try to hide. I might even fish browns this year. :o

another thing i seen this guy do is counter steer while the prop is out of the water. thats a big no no. its not a dirt car, its a boat. counter steering while the prop is out of water is a bad thing. people dont realize how much different the physics of a boat are different from a 4 wheel vehicle. stupidity came first but if ever in this situation, hold your ground firm and ride out. NO COUNTER STEER!!

after reviewing vid. and recallin my standup jet ski years back in the 80's you never jump a wake from the inside out less airtime and ya get the rollin effect ,,,now if he came in from the side and caught the 2nd wake head on (a tad angle from front of wake boat) he could of gotten much more air time up to 10 ft (why do my knees hurt :lol::lol: ) but it is very important to drop the throttle as you will roll in the air from the torque......hmm the jet ski is still under cover in the shed you guys wouldnt mind if i jumped around yer boats during the derbys...