What is your most memorable fishing/boating adventure.

rolmops

Winter time is a time for story telling.

Please tell us about the craziest,most dangerous,most exiting,funniest or just plain most stupid thing you did this year.

Did you play chicken with an ocean going freighter? I know somebody who did just that, right in the middle of the shipping lanes.

You do not have to mention names, if your friends recognize themselves in an adventure you had this summer, they should be able to stay anonymous if they so choose.

Just remember,this is for a good laugh and not for scoring points.

Cornelis.

10s building to 12ftrs outa catfish creek a few years back in my 22ftr..........8tswere ok 10 got the crew nerves going and i had to set rods ,then when the wind picked up and the waves were curling and still building ,,,,,,,,,,wish i had a video of that day ...couse i ant never gonna do that again (on purpose).....

2nd most scary was the day i let Musky drive......hmm i duno maybe a tossup..

The scariest one was on Cape Cod,coming back from Race Point to Pamet Harbor at eleven o'clock at night. As we turned south around the race we came out of the lee and into the outgoing tide with 8 footers behind it. My brother in law decided that he was going to take us in on GPS only.He totally ignored the 5 second delay factor. We were tossed about for the better part of an hour until i could not myself in anymore and suggested that he should look out of the window. Then we just started running the edge of the waves in a zig zag pattern which brought us in to the mouth of the Pamet River.

I let my nine year old play hooky on halloween day. We were at the bouys at Irondequoit Bay fishing for perch using fatheads. Right away he catches a double and both fish were decent size. He continues catching perch while I take them off the hook and he is having a blast. My little guy has Asbergers syndrome and sometimes he can be over dramatic. A short time later, I see him struggling with his pole and reel. Thinking that he is playing around I tell him to reel it in and stop playing games. He starts with the facial expressions and pants out,"It's stuck, I can't reel it". Poor kid, I thought he was playing around. The next thing I see is the pole bending under the boat and he is trying to hold on with both hands and not lose it. I grabbed it and we ended up catching a thirty inch dogfish. I never knew those fish fight so hard. We released the fish to fight another day. My little guy was so proud of himself and I know that day we made a lifetime memory.

Jim

I think just about every trip on Lake Ontario was memorable this year. The fishing was awesome all season. Big fish and lots of them. If I had to pick one, I would have to say the trip I took my wife out during the summer LOC. We did 21 fish in 3 hours of fishing and my wife placed with a steelhead.

My grandparents used to rent a cottage on lake alice idk how many years ago. so we would always leave a pole rigged with corn and catch carp throughout the day....one day my cousin forgot to leave the bail open and off the pole goes out into the lake by some big carp....2 days later my grandpas bottom fishin worms and he hooks into a big stick and sure enough up comes my cousins pole...sure miss the old days....my bad just reread the original post and saw it was this year so i guess i can say i was fishin at a town park near my house throwin a spinner bait and it gets blasted by somethin so i toss it out real quick in the same spot and about a 3 foot pike completely demolishes it and what a suprise that was :beer:

I don't know if it was most memorable because most of my great memories was on saltwater fishing that I posted in the past.

But for the New York, I was fishing for trouts on kayak, I was casting the 3/4 0z spoon and got blasted by huge fish. It was towed my kayak from I-bay creek to between I-bay harbor and I-bay bridge after 45 minutes of screaming line. End up with 41 pound carp. It was totally crazy to see carp was hit that spoon! :yes: I thought I caught monster trout for my lifetime but I was totally wrong! I was happy with anything that bites in April. :lol:

I was surprise that 8pound line wasn't break at all after long tow on kayak! :beer:

Well, it happened this summer.

Me and my 9 year old son were out fishing on Lake O (Canadian side) for Kings.

We get a hit, he takes the rod as I steer the boat. Too big for him, so he hands me the rod.

I start pulling the fish in and he grabs the net to land it.

The second rod fires, so I ask him to drop the net and grab the other rod.

He drops the net alright, into Lake Ontario.

So here I am trying to keep the blood from blowing up my head, while I watch my only net sink to the bottom.

He's now figured he's done something stupid and starts crying his head off.

Third rod fires. Tighten up the drag and let it be in the holster.

My son's going nuts now and not steering the fish.

I get my fish in and pick it up with my hands and release.

I grab the third rod, and it is tangled with my son's rod!!

Spend next 30 mins untangling lines (one wire, one mono).

One fish broke off, other fish landed around 22 lbs.

After we both cooled off, we had a huge laugh about it.

Went out and bought a much better net... just needed a good excuse.

In September I was trolling just inside the mouth of the Genny when the port rigger rod fired. Fought a nice salmon to the back of the boat and tried to solo net the beast and snapped my line. Unhappy about the loss I started re-rigging when the center rigger fired. Not as good of a fight, but decent, and then lost that one at the stern before I could see it well. Of course the lone remaining rod fires and I reel that somewhat lethargic fish in. By now I am in front of the Yacht Club, and to my surprise, when I finally get the hog in the net he has all 3 of my lures attached to it in various ways! I kept snagging the thing as it crossed my lines apparently.

Got it in the boat, weighed up at 35lbs and released it after 3 good fights. My biggest salmon ever.

Last spring, I was fishing on my boat with a neighbor and LOU buddy Chris - Momay4000-. We were trolling through a thick fog about 8 miles north of genny river and the visibility was very poor. When the rod fired, Chris took the reel and the battle has started. About ten minutes later, as Chris brought the fish close to the boat, I tried to net the fish and it swam away and jumped way up about 5 feet in the air before it disappeared. My heart sank immediately. I thought that the big fish got unhooked due to my failed attempt with netting the fish. Chris told me that we lost the lure and the leader.

Right after this, the wire rod started shaking and I thought to myself that we got another fish as I grabed the wire rod and started reeling in. Chris was trying to tell me something at that time and I did not get what he was trying to tell me. It is hard for me to read lips while I am fighting the fish.

I continue to reel in the wire and then I saw something that did not make sense. The wire had something attached to it. I was not sure if the fog has played trickery on our eyes. The wire had a leader attached to it. Sure enough, it was that big steelhead that got away earlier and it was barely hanging on to the lure from a leader. Chris tried to inform me that the swivel to the leader has caught the wire after the steely jumped up in the air. Chris managed to net the fish successfully. It was seriously a big steelhead by my standard. Perhaps close to 15 bls (not bad for a spring time!). Of course, it was I who had set up the leader and I did not close the swivel snap that connedcted the leader to the main line. Yep, I am ashamed to admit that I was not a sharp captain as I should be. It is amazing about how the swivel ended up hanging on to the wire. How weird was that?