WELCOME TO THE UPDATED LOU :-)

BlueEye

Looks great. Today was my first day back in along time im like..."when did they do this??lol"

I just figured out how to redo the sigs...just gotta play around with it for awhile..

Do anymore smilies or things like that come with it??

Jim - thanks for the kind words.

Mr. Clean - we transferred over all the exact smilies that we had from the old website so they are exactly the same as before.   Trying not to change too much initially here.  

Hi Matt -

Thanks for the kinda words.  All the old posts got converted over.  We shouldn't have lost any data in the transfer.  We had just over 217,700 posts when we started the conversion and everything converted over successfully.  Are you not seeing any old posts?  I am able to see them all on my end so just want to double check if you are seeing something different.

Thanks!

Chad

The new site looks good but I'm confused with the classified. What happened to the "wanted ads? ? I can't find the wanted ad I put I put in here a couple of months back? Everyhting seems mushed together in the wanted, buy and sell ads?

Hi Mike -

We have one classifieds forum that allows users to mark topics as FOR SALE, WANTED, SOLD, etc.  Everything is in that one forum.  If you click on any one of those tags it will filter down the posts for you (i.e., click on WANTED tag and only the wanted items will show).  Here is a link for example:

http://www.lakeontariounited.com/fishing-hunting/index.php/tags/forums/Wanted/

If your post is from several months ago, then you might have to scroll back a couple pages to find it.  You can also quickly search on topics you started or participated on your username at the top right hand corner of the site and then selecting "My Content".  I'll work on getting a video together to better demonstrate if you think that would help.

Thanks again -

Chad

Sssswwwweeeeeet!!! And thanks for the pm reply. Just started new job and the flu at the same time last week so was not able to monitor emails as usual. Thanks for showing different search methods. Must find time to "explore" new LOU features. So far, so good! BTW, I know the expected new one will be better even than the updated LOU as it took way longer to work on that than one year! Congratulations on all efforts!

Thanks everyone!  It's funny to think of my father now as "Grandpa Larry" :smoke:  This is the first grandchild for my parents and the first one for the family as a whole so everyone is pretty excited.  It's a "new wave" as Tom mentioned and I'm sure it will take some getting us to (just like updated website) but hopefully in the end it turns out to be even better than the old status quo :yes:

Nice Job Chad and congratulations on the addition!  Seems like yesterday my wife and I came home with our twins, its hard to believe that was 18 months ago.  Today they "helped" daddy filet some perch for dinner! You will never look at life the same again.

Gonna have to start looking at baby life jackets and buddy treestands!

Let me know if you have any questions guys - I'm happy to help the best I can. 

Enjoy your weekend!

Chad

I just found out that now we can earn "warning points". Does that mean that we are going to get a "Bilge" section? I really want to know how I can earn those points.

I just found out that now we can earn "warning points". Does that mean that we are going to get a "Bilge" section? I really want to know how I can earn those points.

Yeah Chad, what do we win if we collect enough points? :rofl:

Congrats on the new little one, and on the new upgrade!

Congradulations on successfully pulling off an upgrade to the site of mammoth proportions.  After listening to you  analyze every detail of how to keep up with technology without disengaging users needs and enhancing the experience at the same time it seemed like it would be impossible to do. But you did it and the fishing community can now enjoy a level of communication and interaction like never before. Thanks to all the Pro-members and site Sponsors whose contributions help fund this upgrade.  Also, thanks Chad and Katie for Mom and I, for the upgrade to grandparents.  I'm sure you'll both do fine as the upgrade from man and wife to parents takes place, piece of cake after LOU.

Grandpa Capt. Larry

Gonna have to start looking at baby life jackets and buddy treestands!

DJJ - definitely going to look more into the baby life jackets.  :yes:

Rolomps/Skipper - how did I know the LOU crew would see the warning points as a game :lol::rofl:  

Carl, Tim, BullGator - THANKS for the kind words - really appreciate it!

Dad........... upgrading to a Pro Membership = $20.  Upgrading your account to GRANDPA status....... probably going to cost you A LOT MORE!  :lol: 

Chad,

Friends of ours gave us 2 neoprene vests with the head rests. I think they are made by Connelly. They are really rugged and well made, I will dig em out to see what the model number is and let you know. They are great.