Mr clean's Fair Haven Report

• 1 month later...

What beautiful weather here in Fair Haven. Except of course if you love Ice fishing. Honestly its too nice out for this time of year. If you recall last year this time was sort of the same and then it got terribly cold in April so along way to go but ya cant help but love the weather....

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, krux5506 said:
Is the bay all open or is there any ice left? Looking to maybe put the boat in this weekend if the ice is out. 

The bay is frozen all the way to the lake. If you go on Facebook there is a local photographer that takes and posts pics almost daily of the bay and lake. He is called "Onephoto".

Best up to date information I can find without driving up there and checking myself.

'Bout Time
Mike

IMG_5797.png

FullSizeR.jpg

IMG_5796.png

Edited by bout time

Yea I was actually going to go up today and check things out but this dunckle weather just keeps me indoors lol. Ive been waiting for this tree to fall and I figured recent winds would do the trick lol

this past two weeks brought it back to Winter status for sure...A nice warmup would be perfect

Edited by mrclean

On ‎3‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 1:05 AM, krux5506 said:

Supposed to warm up a bit this week, I'm hoping that ice breaks up but my Dad was at our cottage today and it doesn't sound promising. We'll see. I'm itching to get out.

HOPE THE POST KEEP COMING ATHE ICE N THE BAY

THANKS

Well it is melting quick. The park and chute are clear except or ice on the piers. Ice on shore is 90% gone. I would say this time next week with a little rain and 50's it should be clear (on the north end). Marinas still have ice but again its going quickly.

17626444_10202779804214105_3505005598208

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome to Spring! Ice is gone, the water is very high due to all the rain and for the few that have gone out its been slow. Ive found typically over the years very high water does make things more difficult even though as of yesterday there was a nice mud line out there. But it will pick up its very early.  I should be in sometime next week after some needed clean up

17426090_10202824281406007_7434694784811

The launch is fine but the docks are only about 4 inches above water. We just trolled West Friday and Saturday. Picked up 4 nice Browns just around the last bluff before Port Bay. All on Bay Rats. We were in close but the power cord on my graph shorted and had to troll blind. New cord came today. Hope to be back out Sunday. 

Yea the water is really high up. Its cold too. They say tomorrow will be cloudy, cold and west breeze like its been. watch for fog in the am. it rolled in today as well...

Lots of browns being caught out of FH and even a couple Kings. A beautiful 24 1/2 lb was brought in yesterday. Most everyone was having success

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

The launch is fine but the docks are only about 4 inches above water. We just trolled West Friday and Saturday. Picked up 4 nice Browns just around the last bluff before Port Bay. All on Bay Rats. We were in close but the power cord on my graph shorted and had to troll blind. New cord came today. Hope to be back out Sunday. 

nice work! what were your most productive bay rat colors?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

What's the best wind to have this time of year and for what reason? I will

be fishing with my grandfather next week and looking to get him into a few Browns. Do we need a strong west wind to push bait up? Or south wind? How does all the wind game work? lol 

thanks guys. Appreciate it 

Its more of a temp/mud line thing for browns. Conditions are great right now, nice fish coming in, mid size with a few 12+. The problem is the water level, its extremely high and it looks like FH will join the surrounding areas and impose the no wake ban in the bay and within 500 ft of shore. They will have spotters watching the bay to enforce this because the water is slowly creeping up and will continue into june they say.

Its been 30 years since ive been able to put this boat in the back side of my camp. Ive got fish swimming right by my fireplace and once the carp start spawing they will most likely swim righ up to the fire lol...

18118904_10202899693411260_4166264693694

18118793_10202899693011250_9188292520252

The state park launch and the village docks are open. Water  is still very high but is fine for launching boats....docking is another issue...

This morning had a nice murk to the water. the few that went out early came back with full strings. Small standard fish for this time of year. But then the water turned clear by this afternoon and the fishing shut down. Unsettled weather for the weekend might bring the murk back. They did impose the 5mph ban in the bay until further notice.