Trophy Positioning poll

23 members have voted

1. 1. Which position do you think looks best for the salmon?

• Position #1
    • Position #2

Hey Everyone, I would like some input if you will.  We are divided 50/50 in the Keyser house on this subject, so LOU will be the tie breaker.  As I assemble the trophies for this season, I am trying to decide how to position the fish.  I like both - and will use both as a way to change it up for different events.  I'd just like to know if the majority is heavy in favor of one or the other ?? 

EDIT :The winner is the trophy to the left.  Thanks for the help!

trophy2_zps8227fe87.jpg

Btw,  #1 is the new paint scheme the trophies will be coming in for this season.

Thanks for your input :)

Position # 1

2014atommik1st_zpsdad4a996.jpg

atommic1stplace_zps962b98d2.jpg

Position # 2

salmontrophy1-2014_zpsaa1002ca.jpg

Edited by Fishtails

From a purely artistic view I think #1 presents to the viewer better. Esthetically I think #2 is better as a "trophy".

Rod----if you want a more detailed explanation than that (flow, positive/negative space, visual draw, etc) it will require several adult beverages and a lot more space here. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I'm curious as to which the wife and kids liked best!

It's split between the boys & girls.  My wife and daughter say #2 while my son and I prefer #1 

From a purely artistic view I think #1 presents to the viewer better. Esthetically I think #2 is better as a "trophy".

Rod----if you want a more detailed explanation than that (flow, positive/negative space, visual draw, etc) it will require several adult beverages and a lot more space here. :)

Paul, as scary as this may be, i actually get what you are saying. I even popped open a Blue Moon at your suggestion :)

I originally posed it as #2 because it seems to be the natural "trophy" position.  Then, the voices in my head started messing with me and once I tried #1 I really liked it a lot.  I think it's mostly that I placed the fish on a rock bed and it just appeals to me in that position just a tad bit more. 

I originally designed these to be trophies with the thought that they would be a little more art than trophy - something the wife won't mind having out on display. I don't know about you, but my trophies are in my office. No way are they gonna be allowed in the family room  :)   I don't see why a trophy has to look like a stereotypical "trophy".  But - maybe it does because that's what it IS :)   Maybe it just takes someone to question it in order to expand the boundaries.

I do like both , so that's why I am turning it over to LOU.  We cant decide - so you guys decide for us :)

I did three already in pose #1, and they are being awarded to the top three winners at The A-Tom-Mik Challenge.

atommictrophies_zpsf4cc9d3a.jpg

The trophies will be going to 3 tournaments on Lake Ontario and 2 on Lake Michigan (30 total), so I have a lot more to do - thus the question.

1 looks more artistic....that would be my vote.  From an aesthetic viewpoint it is balanced.  The head of the fish does not hang over the sides and the body of the fish frames the acrylic holder where presumably you put the winners name or whatever.  Number 2 your attention is drawn away from the center of the piece....focal point is outside of the base. 

Great , the wife is right again. Just what I needed!

Angling Addict is my new best buddy   :rofl:  

Due to his descriptive insight, I moved the fish so it's a combination of the two mounts.  Level fish with the mount behind the front fin. 

Here they are side by side.

trophy2_zps8227fe87.jpg

Edited by Fishtails

Thanks All, and thank you for the opinions.  I'm glad I reached out and I think we have a better trophy because of it.  I will change the pose to the new # 2 (bottom left on last pic) - I like it !