Irondequoit Bay-Walleye DEC

So i heard a rumor that the DEC stopped guys at irondequoit bay to check coolers and ask about the fish catch and caught a boat with walleyes in the cooler. They took the boat and possibly arrested the guys? Not sure anyone else hear this? People need to learn conservation.....guys like that are why we have low fish populations. Good job DEC.. 

I heard about something like this on the Greece ponds too. Glad to see the DEC is out there doing what they re supposed to do. Hopefully they start caring more about the trout and salmon in the fall.

it's sad that guys do this, 3 years ago i caught a walleye on april 3rd. that was a possible state record. measured 37" and was so fat and full of eggs( estimated weight 17-20lbs) . i took a few pictures and released her to go make more walleyes. plenty of time to catch and keep fish during the season. Hopefully the DEC does start to look into these things. Also heard rumors of guys keeping sturgeons down by the fishing access at Genesee River. Look out for guys who have no care for fish and game.  

Glad to her that they are cracking down.I have witnessed many violations and have only seen one person caught.I used the tip DEC once and it was handled so poorly I have never used it since.They used my name over the airways then drove across the street and talked to me after they confronted the violator.Good to hear my sportsman $ are working for us. 

Glad to her that they are cracking down.I have witnessed many violations and have only seen one person caught.I used the tip DEC once and it was handled so poorly I have never used it since.They used my name over the airways then drove across the street and talked to me after they confronted the violator.Good to hear my sportsman $ are working for us. 

I have done the same it isn't worth it anymore.  I have got boat number registrations and names but they didn't seem to care. I don't bother anymore.

The DEC was at sandy creek yesterday checking. Didn't hear of any problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I talked to the DEC officer briefly before we launched around 2pm. While I was there, he did a couple sweeps checking licenses for the guys fishing off of the docks

....guys like that are why we have low fish populations. Good job DEC..

Truth be told it's not those guys....it is DEC and F&W rules that protect Cormorants, allow dumping, thermal and other types of pollution. Army Corp building Dams for electric companies. And many other exploitations by local municipalities that won't let you build a deck or put in a hot tub, but turn a blind eye to extreme nitrate ppm effluent that they are responsible for. That.....my friend is why fish populations are affected not some joe taking a couple of small or out of season fish.