The fishing out of Rochester is about as consistent as it gets. Ran offshore until we found some cold water. The magic number was 46 degrees today. With the cold water came a super thick fog bank. Our program consisted of spoons with yellow dive bombs off the boards, high Chinook divers, and riggers from 23 to 31 ft with cheaters on them. Boated 12 steelhead and 10 Lakers by 10:00 ( One skipper King). Stand out lures today were frog colored glow cups, green and white DWSS, Finger Lakes Tackle SSW and modified NBK. Notice anything about the lures? Green Green Green.  I had all kinds of red out, but they never took a shot. Funny because Reds and Pinks are usually a given for big ole Buckeyes.....On our way out there was a ton of suspended bait in 80 ft....Good luck and tight lines!

The fishing out of Rochester is about as consistent as it gets. Ran offshore until we found some cold water. The magic number was 46 degrees today. With the cold water came a super thick fog bank. Our program consisted of spoons with yellow dive bombs off the boards, high Chinook divers, and riggers from 23 to 31 ft with cheaters on them. Boated 12 steelhead and 10 Lakers by 10:00 ( One skipper King). Stand out lures today were frog colored glow cups, green and white DWSS, Finger Lakes Tackle SSW and modified NBK. Notice anything about the lures? Green Green Green.  I had all kinds of red out, but they never took a shot. Funny because Reds and Pinks are usually a given for big ole Buckeyes.....On our way out there was a ton of suspended bait in 80 ft....Good luck and tight lines!

Great report Matt - the fishing is unbelievable this year. Just wait until the kings put on the pounds and then it's quantity and quality.

We had similar luck with similar colors, although the Wild Bill spoon was hot, too (charteuse with an orange cup).

Great stuff!!!!!!!!

Good luck and thanks for sharing,

Chris

Just curious how many lines you had in the water? I ask because I only boated 4 tonight with 3 lines, and I wonder how bad I suck :D Nice job out there!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Lake Ontario United mobile app