Lifetime licenses?

Tall Tails

Nope I myself am waiting as well. I called last Tuesday, actually called the Friday before that just got through finally Tuesday and they said it was in the mail. Well still a week and a half later I would have figured a guy buy horse could have delivered it by now.

Received mine yesterday.  I called Tuesday and they said give it till today (Friday 9/5/14) then call if you don't get it they said it might be delayed because of the holiday.  Generally mine comes then I go get doe permits. I still have to pick up my doe permits.  

Edited by Chas0218

they are all screwed up let me tell you. I have the Lifetim Sportsman so I still have to go online and get my bow/muzzle stamp etc.. so  I that and put in for me DMP as well. What  Igot back a few weeks later were two exact duplicates of each tag in seperate envelopes. Yup, same ID numbers etc..

Update:  According to the website they have issued my Lic I just have not recieved them.  I did sign up for my bow and muzzle and I got both my doe tags.  Well see If I recieve all in the mail.  I found the new website a little convoluted but I expect nothing else from NYS...

One thing I noticed this year is licenses are being printed on different color paper. A friend of mine received his with a background of a hunter and a fisherman on camo paper. I received mine on the standard yellow that was used last year. Is it the stores and dec are using leftover paper that is available to them? It used to be all the same color which made it easy for the DEC to tell from a distance if you were good for that particular year

Actually just found this online that explains the new paper doesnt work properly in all the printers:

"Asked if the DEC has considered just scrapping new paper, Martens responded, "we haven't crossed that bridge."

With last year's and this year's paper being used for licenses, hunters in the field will be sporting two different colors of licenses. Asked if that could present an enforcement issue for DEC environmental conservation officers out in the field, Martens responded:

"Not as long as out conservation officers know about it, " he said. "They'll have to adjust to the fact that there's two different colors this year.

Edited by bout time

Yeah i noticed the color difference as well.  I don't know why they wouldn't just use the same color each year or rotate every 3 so they wouldn't need to buy new colored paper every year. Just use the leftover stuff.

Edited by Chas0218