how can they grow unless they lose them

I once seen two nice 8pts in a town where hunting is banned on the last weekend of March, did a little research a found out that had a strong protein diet which keeps them on longer. Possibly being fed by people

Blows the theory that they drop em earlier in a hard winter. I have seen a buck on April 16 th with one side on still, that's as late as I have seen em and earliest dropped was late December. Picture of my first find this yearpost-150622-14276341752795_thumb.jpg

Sent from my C771 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Blows the theory that they drop em earlier in a hard winter. I have seen a buck on April 16 th with one side on still, that's as late as I have seen em and earliest dropped was late December. Picture of my first find this yearattachicon.gif1427634187740.jpg

Sent from my C771 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

What chews on the horns? Must be a toothy critter of some sort, a mouse, squirrel, it's a shame they look really nice.

Doe in estrus will keep them on longer. At least that is my theory. Once all the does are bred successfully they will stop producing the scent that makes the buck's produce the hormone which keeps the antlers attached. Something like that. My Dad taught me about the cold thing but logically it doesn't always hold water. This is also my theory of why too many does to buck ratio can hurt. Buck's get run down and can not recover and in the big picture of life, fun loving is not required to live on a personal basis so this diminishes the buck's potential prowess in the following years. Supplementing the nutrition in the winter months should overcome this. QDM is more complex then just antler restriction.

I left a nine-point rack that I shot a couple of years ago on the dog-training table in the back and it took the squirrels two years to gnaw it to nubs. I guess it's like a salt lick to them. When I shot the squirrels with my bow, did that count as "baiting"?   :itwasntme:

My dog walks around with it and snarls at our other dog when he takes it.  They feel like it is a prized possesion in my house. 

Whats wrong with using them for decoration?

Watching snoX with my little guy. The wife took the candid picture.

2015030895105908_zpsh3xz2vzp.jpg

Don't worry they won't come off even with persuasion. If I wasn't afraid of breaking them I would hang from them. Best was when I posted on my facebook all the people telling me how he will be afraid of them.  The whole time we change him is looks up at the heads and starts laughing, smiling and coo-ing.  Gotta bring them up right!

20150117_163910_zpspgpmwglt.jpg