slide diver setup

we run okuma convector 30 line counters spoon up with 30lb clear big game line. Splice in 100' of flouro. And you are good to go. 100' is more than you will ever need for a slide diver set back.

Also I am not a fan of the slide diver "lite " bite

We also run slide divers on our wire diver rods. Spool on wire then splice in 60' of 40 or 50 pound flourocarbon. DeAdly on kings and steel

I run two slide diver rods, one with braid and one with wire. On the wire rod I tied the wire to a spro swivel and then used some shrink tube on it to help it . Then tied on about 30-40' of 30 lbs big game with the slide diver on the mono. I got the large weight and ring kit this year which should get it down as deep as a mag diver. I use lite bites on both set ups. 

Brokeoff- what is happening? That is discouraging for sure. I have caught browns off riggers down 3' in 7 fow so maybe slide diver not needed? whats the advantage.... more stealth i suppose. rather keep it simple and just use rigger but if slide diver is a necessity to get larger/more fish then i will do it.

thanks everyone!

i am in the minority but ill attach a picture (the line at the lure end eats into my diver knicking up the line).  if you do a search you can see a thread I made last year about this.

people crush the fish with slide divers, give them a shot.  for color i like black best.

post-150314-0-34603800-1429753245_thumb.jpg

post-150314-0-65323600-1429753492_thumb.jpg

Edited by BrokeOff

There was talk about your problem over the winter months but I forget what the remedy was hopefully someone with a better memory will chime in or you could google it and see what happens, maybe that's were I saw it now that I think about it.

I also run a clear bead in front of the knot that the diver will slide up against when it has been tripped, hopefully keeping wear and tear on the knot to a minimum.

We run our SD's on 25lb mono with a 8/9' of Fluoro. I like the light bite, however, I only run them with spoons. We also only run them when fishing the top 30', or in 30' of water or less. I honestly have no clue of the dive curve on them unlike my wires. I usually start high and slide her back until she fires or i want to change the lure. If you watch the Salmon Showdown WHI episodes from 2014 we took a slide diver shot in the first video. We were fishing Salmon in 20' of water. It's a great presentation for that.

I have seen guys run them on wire or braid. I have an idea of how to set it up, but I have never wanted to try. It's just another depth curve you have to learn.

I tied a 100ft of 80lb braid with my slider divers. Ever since I changed last yr my dypsy took off and have not lost a set up yet. I use 5ft section of 20lb fluorocarbon with a snubber. 15lb when running spoons

I also run a clear bead in front of the knot that the diver will slide up against when it has been tripped, hopefully keeping wear and tear on the knot to a minimum.

i always run the bead as well, and this was still the result.

We run them all the time slide divers lite bite. We run 30lb fire line spro swivel 6 ft of Flouro. Last year we stopped using the tubing and they still work, no slipping down the line.

Never used a Slide Diver, whats the difference between a slide diver and a dipsey diver? Is there some kind of advantage?

Lead length. With slide divers you can run any length of lead you want whereas with regular divers you're limited to basically length of rod.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United