Legacy- 2015 Deer Season

Legacy

Today it was just my uncle and I, there are a lot of little pieces of woods that the bigger gangs won't bother with. We usually hit these small areas Friday of the first week and the same on the last week, the last little patch my uncle he would start at the top. The only bad thing is there is no where to stand, there is only a little road then a steep bank then I have relation that his farm buts up against. So we decided to stand on Roberts land and hope the deer cross the road and down a very steep bank cross the stream to where I would be standing. About 30 minutes I heard the hoofs on the blacktop then I heard the shale falling soon I started to see breaks in the shining through the trees, then I heard the water splashing soon I saw horns. I thought man this must be a nice one. So I stayed behind a big tree and motionless as the doe's already went through I thought he might double back, but then I heard splashing I knew it was hoofs on the rocks but it was up from where the doe's came across, which is good I could shoot with no problems, he stopped in the middle of the stream nose in the air and looking back I pushed the safety off and he fell in the middle of the stream which is high from all the rain. I waited till Skip yelled "WELL" he's a nice one drive down to Roberts barn, I went to go get my truck and the girls IPAD so I could take a picture not the best pic. He's a 9 pointer with 18" inside the rack 19 3/4 outside. Here's a few pics

post-150331-0-89772000-1449293986_thumb.jpg

post-150331-0-57043700-1449294057_thumb.jpg

Edited by pap

December 5

36 degrees

Light southwest wind

Cloudy skies

Seems like a great day to me. Hunting the back door to bedding. Quiet here so far.

Sent from my E6782 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

post-139598-1449319381193_thumb.jpg

Hunting a thick finger that runs from a swamp with a cut cornfield next to it to a thick set of smaller pines. Im hoping they will want to stay in the thick stuff but nothing so far

Sent from my LG-D631 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

7 8 doe at 747 am came out of hard woods and into open grass field then back into hardwoods could shot one but couple big does reminded me of one's I saw w ten pt I shot so hoping to keep them around toms are strutting n gobbling came out e intentions to shoot yote I missed last Sat did few hen calls n shocked few gobblers awesome can't wait till may

Last night I was trapped in my stand until 6:15. Passed on three smaller does at 5:20, then noticed a few more behind me and to the left, standing in the water.

post-149813-14493235003774_thumb.jpg

I was waiting for them to work out into the field when I heard those familiar footsteps. Sure enough, about 5:35, I see his silhouette coming through the thicket towards the does. He burst through the edge of the field and the does scattered, three went out to middle of the field and two ran back into the brush. He ran into the brush after them and I heard him creeping around until I got down at 6:15. I've seen this buck in the dark now twice, both times in bow range. I hope he makes it to next year. Got him on camera by three stands this yr.

post-149813-14493235441468_thumb.jpg

Great buck Pap! Congratulations!

Sent from my C771 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Thanks to all, the reason he's hanging so dumb is that when Robert insisted he do the dirty work for me is I have to tag the deer before it moves, but we pulled him out of the water first then Robert did his thing, I can't bend down like that, we had, "they" had to drag him through the mud and Robert wanted to wash the cavity clean, I thought at first what the hell are you doing, that's how we do beef he said. After he hung there, I went home to get my daughters IPAD because it's the only thing I know how to post pics. I still have the old flip phone. Thanks again guys for once a plan worked, but to be honest that's their travel rout for water, but they don't go back up, they go down to the winery and cross its a lot more level, they don't like to go that way during the day light they would need to run down the road a 100 yards or more, so we hoped and it worked!!!

Last night I was trapped in my stand until 6:15. Passed on three smaller does at 5:20, then noticed a few more behind me and to the left, standing in the water.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByLake Ontario United1449323498.538936.jpg

I was waiting for them to work out into the field when I heard those familiar footsteps. Sure enough, about 5:35, I see his silhouette coming through the thicket towards the does. He burst through the edge of the field and the does scattered, three went out to middle of the field and two ran back into the brush. He ran into the brush after them and I heard him creeping around until I got down at 6:15. I've seen this buck in the dark now twice, both times in bow range. I hope he makes it to next year. Got him on camera by three stands this yr.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByLake Ontario United1449323542.858222.jpg

Man that is a brute, he's got some mass!!! I take it your buck season is over

He looks like a moose. Unfortunately yes my buck season is over. I shot a 9 pt on second day. Happened fast and I've been kicking myself ever since. He was only a 3.5 yr old and could have used a couple years to grow. That's what happens in the thickets though. Not much time to decide to shoot or pass. My son shot his 7 pt an he earlier, same woods. Congrats on your harvest.

post-149813-14493349076337_thumb.jpg

Today it was just my uncle and I, there are a lot of little pieces of woods that the bigger gangs won't bother with. We usually hit these small areas Friday of the first week and the same on the last week, the last little patch my uncle he would start at the top. The only bad thing is there is no where to stand, there is only a little road then a steep bank then I have relation that his farm buts up against. So we decided to stand on Roberts land and hope the deer cross the road and down a very steep bank cross the stream to where I would be standing. About 30 minutes I heard the hoofs on the blacktop then I heard the shale falling soon I started to see breaks in the shining through the trees, then I heard the water splashing soon I saw horns. I thought man this must be a nice one. So I stayed behind a big tree and motionless as the doe's already went through I thought he might double back, but then I heard splashing I knew it was hoofs on the rocks but it was up from where the doe's came across, which is good I could shoot with no problems, he stopped in the middle of the stream nose in the air and looking back I pushed the safety off and he fell in the middle of the stream which is high from all the rain. I waited till Skip yelled "WELL" he's a nice one drive down to Roberts barn, I went to go get my truck and the girls IPAD so I could take a picture not the best pic. He's a 9 pointer with 18" inside the rack 19 3/4 outside. Here's a few pics

Great job PAP

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByLake Ontario United1449323498.538936.jpg

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByLake Ontario United1449323542.858222.jpg

OMG forget next year.....get your muzzleloader ready!

OMG forget next year.....get your muzzleloader ready!

Can't shoot bucks with muzzleloader in 9A. I also shot a 10 pt during bow so my buck tags are gone. I just dropped two doe a few minutes ago. But I have a Christmas party for my wife's work so I'm letting them lay tonight. Hope the coyotes leave them alone