Legacy- 2015 Deer Season

Legacy

Tonight I gota work late and decided I was going to sneak in and check my camera where I missed my bow buck. Decided I would sit till dark and maybe shoot a doe if possible. At 420 I look up and at 55 yrds is an easy 150s 10pt!! Sick to my stomach that I was not able to pull the trigger! Shaking like a leaf and there was nothing I could do. O yea got this guy on camera there to!

post-148213-14491865075678_thumb.jpg

Edited by JakeyBaby

Tonight I gota work late and decided I was going to sneak in and check my camera where I missed my bow buck. Decided I would sit till dark and maybe shoot a doe if possible. At 420 I look up and at 55 yrds is an easy 150s 10pt!! Sick to my stomach that I was not able to pull the trigger! Shaking like a leaf and there was nothing I could do. O yea got this guy on camera there to!

attachicon.gif1449186642542.jpg

That happened to me the other night too. A beauty 10 pt at 75 yds eating apples. He might have gone 140". Not as wide as my archery buck but had the tine length. All I could do was watch him fade into the darkness. On the bright side, I got a call today informing me that the hundreds of acres of corn surrounding one of my spots was being cut. I guess the deer were pouring out of the fields and back into the woods. I was on daddy duty today but this weekend hopefully I can fill a doe tag or two.

Back in the woods this morning after four days off. The break seems to of done me some good because I was starting to feel burnt out. Ten days left to get it done.

Sent from my E6782 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Had a really cool morning hunt yesterday. Caught this old girl settling into a small patch of Goldenrod. After a stalk and a fawn blatt she stood up and gave me a shot. I have been lucky to be able to harvest some nice deer in my time but this girl is one of my favorites. Weight, 135lbs, she had a broken leg that had healed and her teeth were almost totally gone. Guessing 6 1/2- 8 1/2 yrs old. The matriarch is down! As I went to retrieve her I almost stepped on her fawn, she taught many of those little ones well I tip my hat to her life, I give her my respect...

Sent from my C771 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

post-150622-14492376950817_thumb.jpg

Had a really cool morning hunt yesterday. Caught this old girl settling into a small patch of Goldenrod. After a stalk and a fawn blatt she stood up and gave me a shot. I have been lucky to be able to harvest some nice deer in my time but this girl is one of my favorites. Weight, 135lbs, she had a broken leg that had healed and her teeth were almost totally gone. Guessing 6 1/2- 8 1/2 yrs old. The matriarch is down! As I went to retrieve her I almost stepped on her fawn, she taught many of those little ones well I tip my hat to her life, I give her my respect...

Sent from my C771 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

That is an old girl..  that are not easy to out smart..  Well done!

Sitting on my favorite ridge leading from a swamp to a cut cornfield. Hopefully a mature deer comes through. 3 scrapes right near my stand are active again

Sent from my LG-D631 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I'm from the ground tonight for the first time this season. I carved myself a little ground blind and I am standing guard overlooking a cropless field.

I'm from the ground tonight for the first time this season. I carved myself a little ground blind and I am standing guard overlooking a cropless field.

Same here post-144505-14492640948029_thumb.jpg

Some summer sausage going in the fridge to cook tomorrow. If anyone wants to try this is turns out really good! And super easy!

Basically you take 3lbs ground.

Maybe mix 1lb beef in. I did a double batch this time 4lbs venison 2lb buffalo!

But seasonings;

3 tbsp of tenderquick. ( I ussusly do like 2 comes a little salty for me with 3)

2tbsp of liquid smoke

1/4 tsp of garlic powder

1/2 tsp of onion powder

I use a lil extra on the powder but it is all personal trial and error.

But mix all ingredients together well. Form into logs and put on cookie sheet. Put in fridge for 24hrs. Then cook in oven 300° for 60 min!

post-144765-1449265659884_thumb.jpg