Mecury Outboard Rebuild

billyp

Hello I am looking into possibly having my 1994 Mercury 115 h/p 2 stroke outboard motor completely rebuilt and looking for some advice on where to have this work done  I am located in the Rochester N.Y. area but would be willing to travel anywhere in the Western and Central N.Y. area to have this work done.  Thanks for any advice in advance   Billy

There are very few mercury dealers left in Rochester. There is Bryce Marine, but it has mixed reviews. Then there is Independent Marine services on Empire boulevard at the bottom of Irondequoit bay. I would check and see if Pugsly on route 104 towards Webster does Mercury. The next closest is in Geneva.

A 2 stroke really is not rocket science.

Edited by rolmops

37 minutes ago, billyp said:

Hello I am looking into possibly having my 1994 Mercury 115 h/p 2 stroke outboard motor completely rebuilt and looking for some advice on where to have this work done  I am located in the Rochester N.Y. area but would be willing to travel anywhere in the Western and Central N.Y. area to have this work done.  Thanks for any advice in advance   Billy

Call Hank from this board L&M marine. Honest and top notch work. He's in port Bay

Barrett Marine is the one just outside Geneva New York on the old Waterloo Road. Fran Barrett owns it and he knows Mercs inside and out , has a large parts inventory, and is honest as the day is long and they do excellent work there.

Barrett Marine
485 West River Road
Waterloo, New York 13165
315-789-6605 or 1-800-924-8940
Fax: 315-781-2401
E-mail: [email protected]

I would want to know how many of my specific outboard has the person thats rebuilding it, rebuilt.
Years ago I had my 225 Yamaha rebuilt and brought it to Connecticut. Long haul but to a place that had rebuilt many of my same motor.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

As mentioned above Hank at L and M in Port Bay would be very high on the list as well so you have some very capable options without needing to go way out of your way.

Edited by Sk8man

1 hour ago, Sk8man said:

Another option closer to Rochester would be  Rick Martticelli at Power Marine in Canandaigua.

http://powermarinesvcs.com/index.htm

As mentioned above Hank at L and M in Port Bay would be very high on the list as well so you have some very capable options without needing to go way out of your way.

Rick retired and closed the doors last year.

My brother just had his done last winter (2016-17). I want to say it is a 1987 merc 130.  He tried Bryce all they wanted to do was install a short block.  I believe the guy that did it is in Webster, & actually rebored the cylinders, etc.  I can get all the details if you want more info.

There is repair and rebuild. For repair, the marine shops are good. If it’s a rebuild you are after, you can probably get it done by any good machine shop. Most marine shops send their rebuilding jobs to machine shops. If you can strip your outboard to the bare block, you can save a bundle of money

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

On 4/15/2018 at 2:31 PM, rolmops said:

There are very few mercury dealers left in Rochester. There is Bryce Marine, but it has mixed reviews. Then there is Independent Marine services on Empire boulevard at the bottom of Irondequoit bay.

FYI. Independent Marine does not work on outboards.