Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
justtracytrolling

Couple recent good Otisco tigers...more from today!

Posted (edited)

Thought I'd share a couple pics...both caught off shore recently on deep divers.  Second fish was  46 and as heavy as I've ever seen!  Both fish released safely to be caught again...with a little luck!

4375.jpeg

4484.jpeg

Edited by justtracytrolling
Added pics
  • Like 4

Gotta give credit where credit is do!!! Nice job Justin!! They look really healthy.

Damn! Pigs!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Another this morning topwater...many of you may remember young Maddox this is his sixth musky with me..and a smaller one from yesterday.

4695.jpeg

4586.jpeg

• Like 1

Day is shaping up!  Haven't chased tigers hardly at all this year, but this is a nice change of pace from walleye

KIMG0144.JPG

I saw yoy out there Monday morning. I got this one one the fly! They have been really turned on since the rain.

20180730_092656.jpg

Nice fish!  Monday was definitely a good bite!  We did 5 tigers casting and trolled 2 walleye and 2 big smallmouth on our way in at 2pm.  I almost went back out by myself, but fishing 40 hours in 3 days I was too beat!

Very cool Justin:yes: Those fish are truly interesting snd beautiful. Great to see they are doing so well there.

Seeing anglers reactions to tigers makes it all worth it!  Walleye are my passion, but I love guiding for tigers.

The tigers we caught casting we're on lucky craft pointers, mepps 5, and a lucky craft gunfish for the topwater.  Should be another decent weekend and water temps won't be too terrible, but anyone worried about a safe release just don't pick the fish out of the net...tigers are far more fragile than most realize.

Great photos!

I could write a book on walleye fishing Otisco and the learning curve would still be steep.  Best bet is to book a trip and learn first hand.  There's multiple ways to troll, cast, and jig walleye here, and they all have there time and place.  There is also literally over a thousand posts I've made on the topic here on this forum

I learned a lot by reading every post about Otisco Tigers on the message board a very large percent were from you.

I plan on fishing with you this fall. 

Ive fished my whole life ,but when I started learning to troll and fish lakes versus rivers I read everything there was on the forum that remotely pertained to what I was trying to learn....and believe me a lot of it would be hard to figure out completely on your own without tons of expensive mistakes.