Fish hawk customer service

A lot of times that error comes in when the probes on the front of the probe have been hit against the side of the boat while on the water.  I had it happen before.  I purchased the rubber boot that goes on the front of the probe to keep it from happening again.  No issues since I added them. 

Like a Timex watch, my SubTroll  has been around for 14 yrs and still ticking. Got 2 spare probes off of the LOU here to keep it running a few more years hopefully. 🙄

Our subtroll lasted forever, but I don't regret switching to the X4D...yet. That coated cable was the cause of at least three probes that reside on the bottom of Lady O. At least they were only $199 as opposed to what...$349? That'll take a bite.

It's a great unit . Seems very well made . But it's a crappy design on the probe . Those probes on the front should be better protected . It would be an easy thing to do design wise . 

But my guess is that the average unit sold buys at least 1 probe because of failure or loss . Nice cash cow . 

Makes sense they give u the rubber brah, they must know it is fragile . 

ill try to use it more. 

figured it would have to be pretty bullet proof going from 0 to 40+ psi all day. 

2 hours ago, dry net said:

Just remember to take the bra off when storing. Batteries will go dead, ask me how I know.

Yepper, my brah has shrunk or my probe is getting bigger...😳

I wonder if Fish USA will just give me one..🤔

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

My x4 probe reading 3.8 bad thermistor sent it  in  was out of warranty offered nothing no discount or any thing, obviously it's a design 

Flaw I'm not impressed  for the cost of the unit. I'm pretty disappointed !! would expected it to last a long Time .I did like it when if worked. I kept it in storage case in cuddy when not In use.  

• Like 1

There have recently been several people selling used probes on the site. It sucks but I would hate to fish without it. Good Luck!

If the probes go bad and  are out of warranty , would you want to risk buying a used one ? Especially if it's a lot of money . 

Got a depth raider last year for 525 complete  shipped to house . Good so far . 

On 5/17/2022 at 10:06 AM, whaler1 said:

I love my Fish Hawk and have used them for a very long time. When my son and I purchased our current boat we purchased a new X4 and this would have been our third year using it. 
Saturday I used the probe for the first time this year and the unit showed 3.8 degrees down temp. Other than that it was functional. When I got home I went to their website and that very condition was number 2 on the troubleshooting list. Bad temp sensor, no remedy, buy a new one. 
I contacted Fish Hawk and they did give me 25% off but I can’t help think that if it’s a common product defect that they should have done more. I ordered the new probe this morning.  Am I being unreasonable?

I had the same problem on my X4D at the end of last year.  I was going to try the probe on a friend's boat to verify it is the probe this spring.  2 years old.  Obviously there is a problem with these.

Well I've had some issues with Fish Hawk over past few years. I've lost count of how many probes they've given me all covered under warranty. I know for a fact I'm on probe #3 in a 1 year period. I know someone else thats had a similar experience. His thery is they out source the manufacture of Probes to some 3rd world country. During the Pandemic there were quality issues with the manufacture of these probes. They know this and are being very generous in giving people new probes. On the positive side the FH is a great tool and I love it when it works they way it should. They really stand behind there product. Warranty and customer and are great. My latest new probe worked great this past Sunday. Hopefully thats the end of this nightmare.