Fun day Friday on the water boated a nice brown in Mexico bay and steelhead.  Light tackle. 8 pound main line and 6 pound leader. Just using my Nh land lock salmon rigged rods.   With a stick bait off the plainer board. Went out hoping for a mid teens fish and got surprised with this beast. Ran quite a few times, probably should have let it go a few more runs but was presenting well for a net attempt.  My son got ready and I backed up and snap.  I was like darn lost a lure. Then he started cheering and straining to get the net up. When it hit the deck we were shocked.  Took us a while to get reset as we had peeled out to deeper water to fight the fish and not foul the other boats around.  Night before we had a few fish on for a bit but lost both. Weather didn’t look good sat when we pulled in to launch and headed home to NH.  Figured we burned our luck on the brown. I haven’t done spring browns in over 30 years with my father. Great fishery and had a blast. First weights on water were between 24.2 and 23.8. Weight at sonnys 7 hours later was 23.3 

IMG_5471.jpeg

70437767227__BBFCF5A3-4854-4D65-AFD0-3215B62E9A2B.jpeg

IMG_5464.jpeg

IMG_5462.jpeg

IMG_1824.jpeg

• Like 11

That is a brown of a lifetime caught a brown in the mid-eighties that was 24.12 in the derby the brown you caught is a sure trophy congratulations a sure wall mount for sure beautiful fish

We were running 12-20 feet dodging other boats. It came off the outside board.  We struggled for a good portion of the day.   When we changed it up closer to noon and dropped riggers and lead off the back and keeping the boards out we picked up the steelhead down back 150 down 13 over 25 fow on a fatnancy spoon.  Thursday night we tried for an hour and half to get our program figured out and lost 2 within a half hour due to some mistakes. Figuring we had a half decent starting point for Friday morning and very hopeful for lots of browns.  IMG_1846.thumb.jpeg.a58aaa0c462602fabd679bba75d1adba.jpeg

• Like 1

On 5/1/2023 at 10:04 AM, Justenough said:

Fun day Friday on the water boated a nice brown in Mexico bay and steelhead.  Light tackle. 8 pound main line and 6 pound leader. Just using my Nh land lock salmon rigged rods.   With a stick bait off the plainer board. Went out hoping for a mid teens fish and got surprised with this beast. Ran quite a few times, probably should have let it go a few more runs but was presenting well for a net attempt.  My son got ready and I backed up and snap.  I was like darn lost a lure. Then he started cheering and straining to get the net up. When it hit the deck we were shocked.  Took us a while to get reset as we had peeled out to deeper water to fight the fish and not foul the other boats around.  Night before we had a few fish on for a bit but lost both. Weather didn’t look good sat when we pulled in to launch and headed home to NH.  Figured we burned our luck on the brown. I haven’t done spring browns in over 30 years with my father. Great fishery and had a blast. First weights on water were between 24.2 and 23.8. Weight at sonnys 7 hours later was 23.3 

IMG_5471.jpeg

70437767227__BBFCF5A3-4854-4D65-AFD0-3215B62E9A2B.jpeg

IMG_5464.jpeg

IMG_5462.jpeg

IMG_1824.jpeg

Congrats that's a wall hanger. That's what keeps us coming back knowing there are trophies in LO