The Oak. 1 day Too early

Went Out this later A.M solo. Got on the water about 9:00 started in about 30 fow and took it East. Nothing going so tried it west. The only fish I got today was this brute with less than 2 hours fishing time invested. A little bit west of port on a black/crush glow spin doc (custom and custom fly). Of course the derby doesn't start until tomorrow. This fish was bouncing 29-30 on my Berkley Boga grip when I landed it. Biggest fish of my life. (so far). Wire diver 180 on a 3.

35703987.jpg

Nice big guy Mick congrats. Glad to see ya got into at least 1 big today FX and I got 4 fish before we could get our 4th rod into the water and then 2 more about 45 minutes later but that was it. 1 teenage king, 1 steelie , 2 small kings, 1 skipper and a brown about 7lbs on the wire right off the bat. Sounded a little quieter than yesterdays action as far as big guys go :@

I was looking for some browns on that inside bait, but I saw at least 5 salmon break the surface which kept me in the inside water. That fish came in 95 Fow. It is August tommorrow so I guess they could be there. It won't be long and we will be running J Plugs again. Good luck everyone. - Mick

MICK,

AWESOME FISH, AUNT CHRISSY LANDED A 23LBS KING THE BIGGEST FISH OF THE YEAR FOR US TODAY. IT WAS IN ABOUT 260FOW ON A NBK, AND I GOT A SMALLER ONE AT ABOUT 15LBS ON A GREEN SPIN DOCTOR AND A GREEN KINKLE ATOMIC FLY. WE WENT OUT FROM 8AM TO 11AM.

78785793.jpg

Thank's guys. It was fun. Way to go aunt Chris and uncle Bill. Me and my wife went out on Saturday and went 3 for 4 west of port. I stayed in 60- 80 fow. 1 teenage king on that same spin doc diver, 1 2 yr old king on a revelator on the 10 color and we weighed in a 11# 7 oz steelie which was sitting in 5th when I stopped at Narby's today to check out the leaderboard. Can't wait for the fall derby :clap::) . Good luck everyone- Mick