Raymarine

Hey guys, just thought I'd share my recent expierence with Raymarine. Their service department did good by me and I have to give them a big thumbs up :yes:

We had installed a new Raymarine st6002 auto pilot on the boat this past spring we bought through Kevin Jerge @ The Wilson Boatyard. It's a great unit and It performed well for two months, but started acting up during the Sodus Pro Am. During the Oswego Scotty, it would not work at all. I'll admit, I was frustrated that it stopped working, but I called Raymarine and they told me to send in the course computer. They checked it out, confirmed the problem, replaced the part and I had it back in a week :o:clap: I just installed it back in the boat and it works as it should again! Yes...it broke and that's too bad, but they fixed it free of charge without a question......lightning fast!! :yes::yes::yes::yes:

I second on the thumbs down for Lowrance. My unit is mailed in for the sixth time which was three weeks ago and still no unit. It is simply amazing. Tell them what is wrong after waiting an hour on the phone and get it back and guess what, it is still doing the same thing.

Rod,

I'm glad to hear you've had a good experience with Raymarine. They've been great to me this year as well regarding my X-5 Sportpilot which got recalled over the summer. I bought it through an online dealer who wouldn't support the recall - instead I was told to directly send my unit back to Raymarine.

When I called the support technician, he gave me his personal desk phone number, sent me a postage paid sticker to send the unit back and already reserved a "new" unit in my name once they receive my defective helm drive.

It would have been easy for them to "pass the buck" to the retailer, but I was impressed with the support.

Thanks for sharing,

- Chris

Disclaimer - I have no personal or financial ties to Raymarine

After replacing 2 new units in 3 years due to a foggy screen & Lowrance only sending me a certificate for $50 towards another of their products I finally gave up on Lowrance. Their products STINK. Just my honest opinion.

It's nice to hear of a company that stands by their product & nice of you Rod to give them the kudos they deserve. ;)

Really Iceman? MuskyBOB clearly stated that it was just his opinion. Deal with it. I know for a fact he isnt affiliated AT ALL with any kinda electronics company or any other fishing company for that matter. People , including him have had major problems with Lowrance's customer service. Ask Coup about his. Maybe you could expand on what businees they are soliciting on here? MuskyBob's Adirondack Chowder maybe ? :lol: I know most moderators on here and they would all give an honest opinion on what product they would recommend.

A certain modedrator "L&M" was doing it (prospecting for business)!! Must be a perk for the moderators that i was not aware of. I have seen these two selectively remove posts that were factual & pointed, but it is OK for them to make comments that are negative or self serving but not others, huh??? I can't wait for the pile of sh!7 to come back on me for these comnments, but they are true. By the way, the posts that were either removed or editied were personal opinion as well, but they were still wiped out or distilled to remove the true meaning. Do as I say, not as i do rules here!

Iceman,

Why would you want to stay and share your infinate wisdom on such an unfair and biased message board as this one?

Surley there are other places and people you could help that would appreciate you.

Glen

I've had good luck with both companies. Although raymarine would not send me a simple part for the stalk on my auto pilot, they insisted I remove the unit and send it to them even though it was out of warranty and I was paying for the part, guess they wanted to charge me for the labor. Turnaround was quick and repair was satisfactory.

Lowrance gave me the run around the first 2 times I called, then I told them I'm going to throw my $2,400. unit in the lake. The rep for the north east called me and picked the unit up himself and made sure it went to the head tech, they took my outside case off and put it around a whole new unit, downloaded my mapping and waypoints into the new unit, tested it and delivered me 2 new dual freq transducers. The GPS is probably the best I've seen and the sonar now works great. They had it back to me (rep delivered in person) in 4 days. Maybe lately they've got to big and cut back on employees but they did me right.

I also had a Lowrance ff with issues and their Customer Support was sub par to say the least.. I have had great success with Garmin for Customer Support with my ff.. I would highly recommend them to my worst enemy... P.S. The moderators in this forum have always been very professional in my honest opinion and would do nothing to help themselves.... Hank helped me with the diagnosis on my I/O and gave me the information to replace the camshaft myself..... Hank did not make a dime on that, but he was there for a fellow sportsman in my time of need. I wish there were more people like Bob and Hank that would rather give not take...I think we could all learn from their actions.. I would recommend thinking before posting about these fine moderators.... I think Governor Patterson has a website if you are bored and would like to complain about something.. At least maybe everybody could benefit from your anger..... These comments are not supported by the website or their moderators just me..... Thanks... Woody

• 4 weeks later...

In any group of people there will be horror stories dealing with this or that. If it's man made its due to fail at some point of its life. I sent in a Lawrance unit years ago and was very pleased to receive a brand new unit back from them.

A 2nd experience taught me that because of the amount of power fishfinders require, check the battery first.

What is frustrating is we buy some very expensive equipment and require it to be 100% all of the time. Our lives could depend on it.

I run a Raymarine system in my current boat and it has the hs2b integrated system. Sonar Radar, and GPS overlays. It's 6 years old now and not one flick of trouble. KNock on wood.

I use a Lawrance unit at the stern and have high praise for it too!

My questions to both companies from time to time have been responded to within an hour. So I have good faith in both companies.

I figured someone should say something positive. :)

I have had opposite luck with both companies. I have a Raymarine Sport Pilot Plus and had problems with it right from the start. I called Raymarine and the tech. department made me jump through hoops before allowing me to send my unit back. They kept telling me it was installed wrong. It was back for repairs 3 times before they got it to work correctly. In the end, some part was not lubricated in the factory. The first 2 seasons, I did not have my auto pilot and was not reimbursed for it (3 year warranty and I only got to use it for 1 of the 3 years I paid for it). It has worked great since. I hope nothing goes wrong with it because they no longer repair them or have parts for them . As for Lowrance, I have owned their products for years and they have been Awesome.

Hi Guys,

Just a heads-up to anyone who's had problems with Lowrance. There's some information on Walleye Central as to a particular contact person at Navico who has reliably taken care of customer issues, and quickly! Her name (as posted at WC) is Linda Colt and her phone number is 1-800-324-1356 extension 8747 or 1-918-438-8747. E-mail is [email protected].

I have had no experience with her personally, as I've never had a problem with any of four or five Lowrance units on various boats, but they seem to vouch for her pretty strongly on our sister site.

Gator