Rubber band releases

ok so let me get this right you put the half hitch on line the put rubber band in the metal shower curtain. Rubber bannd breaks a weakest point in shower curtain single loop and stays attached to the line reel in til at tip on hook and finish landing fish. Just wanted to make sure as i just got otter boats and was using inlines.

Yes they are the same as Amish sells but they don't have to be purchased there, nor are they used with a rubber band as they show. Very simple & efficient release at a reasonable price. No need to bring them in, let them slide down & send another behind it or if you want to switch a lure in the middle of a spread just pop the rod tip to release & send another lure out.

Went out the other day and we used clothes pin on a shower curtain ring. Had a rubber band wrapped around the clothes pin near the pinch end to add a little tension and they worked absolutely fine. Choppy water and no false releases and we caught a couple of smaller fish and they released without any problems. Another cheaper alternative if you are looking for one :o;)

Apologize for being slightly off-topic but I hate dragging in planer boards. Have a whole pile of clips to last me as long as possible. One thing I thought was taking say a length of power pro and tying it to the first clip that goes out. Let the clip out and tie the other end of the line to the boat somewhere. Then when I run out of clips, I can just pull the power pro in and bring the whole lot of clips in and leave the boards out all day.... Anyone ever try something like this? Think of any pros/cons?

Used rubber bands for years, not by choice, team thing….. Very inconsistent breakage some will hold larger fish and not break other times they break when you get them set in your spread. Yes it matters if they are left out in the sun, heat or how old they are. Save yourself the trouble and just use releases, just my opinion.

• 5 months later...

I have a bucket of releases for my boards, and when working shallow they do a great job. I have enough that after a release I let it slide on down to the board and put on another one - they're not all that expensive. When out in deeper water, though if I'm running copper or have in-line weights on, regular releases don't do the trick (way too many false releases), but rubber bands do.