Options (bays, etc.) for fishing this weekend's GALE????

My plans are to stay off the water and not risk being hurt, injured, capsized, sunk, etc. I have some things I've been meaning to do on the boat and I need to get all my gear re-organized and put away. Forecast looks like the winds will begin to let up on the east end Sunday afternoon with waves subsiding to 2-4 feet. Hopefully the pattern continues and Monday morning the lake is fishable before I head home.

Recently manufactered a rocket laucher/bird tree/net holder system, here in our machine shop, and set it up for f/r lights. They are mounted, but now I can wire 'em in. Good oppourtunity to do that if we are gonna' be landlocked.

I fished Dalhousie last April when Gail force came through. We were fishing 40-50' of water and we had 2-4' waves. I am currently thinking about sneaking over to the Roc for Sat and Sunday given the reports from this morning, but I just dont know how safe it will be. I'm with ya brotha! I want to fish too!

The Genesee River is trollable from the piers up to the treatment plant. If there are fish in the lower end it is a good option because it is sheltered by the high gorge walls. If the salmon are not there, there are walleye to catch.

With a 30+ mph West wind, What the heck are temps going to be down when it over? They were already down 100' yesterday off of Sandy.

Good question. One of my "to do" items is to spool (2) of my riggers with 400' of cable, should we have to go that deep to find the Kings. It's been a crazy season, that's for sure.

thinking about sneaking over to the Roc for Sat and Sunday given the reports from this morning, but I just dont know how safe it will be. I'm with ya brotha! I want to fish too!

We are hoping to sneak out saturday/sunday as well. It really depends on the wave duration big swells are not a big deal

Anybody have any ideas for fishing the west end in the forecasted HEAVY SW winds?

Staying at Olcott, but not sure if we will even be able to beat on the pier heads with winds that heavy.

Anything like IBAY way or something similar to fish stagers in a protected bay?

Storm we canceled our trip because of the weather. We have an open seat next weekend if your available. ;)

with a blow like this its tuff to call "settle down time" if it has enuf south to it it could be cold right to shore...too much west and the east end will warm a lot...

I think its gonna stir the wholelake so bad that the "normal" wind deriction patterns arnt gonna be too accurate as to temps ..

I would expect some major down currents for 3 or 4 days as the lake settles out ,throw in some east wind from the hurricane if the high pressure dont keep it at bay(pushing it east) and the lake should look like a swirling toilet for a week..

watch the modis sites

http://coastwatch.glerl.noaa.gov/modis/ ... 3.250m.jpg

With the drop in temp as the front goes thru & the cloudy days & preddicted rain, I would try the pierheads first light weather permiting. there are allways a few milling around this time of year ,no matter what the temps. The stirred up water provides cover & confidence for them. Otherwise it's pike & bass or an early day at mahogany ridge. Temp means a lot less than it did a few weeks ago. In fact I feel warmer close is better .

If you plan to fish Rochester,you should count on down currents in the 4 to 5 mph range.

After the reports and the tweet pics of the fish finder with the exact GPS location 8)8):P I went out to 16 to 17 north and 33 west to find a loaded screen thinning out and turning blank with 4 to 5 mph down currents going in almost every direction.That switch from southern to western winds this afternoon screwed things up already

the lake should look like a swirling toilet for a week..

Only Ray (or is he really the tidy bowl man?) could relate something about fishing to plumbing. I ain't skeered of no swirlin toilet! Come ON Ray.....bring yer plunger and let's pull some 20,000 dollar terds ....oh...and don't ferget ta bring yer blue water stuff cause it's all brown right now :@ and the river is kinda smelly too.

Mark