My rant for the week.....

So my GF's favorite lure is the Dirty White Boy. We were in Warrens bait shop this past weekend while we were partying it up in Sodus for the 4th and she spots the Dirty White Boy paddle. Needless to say I ended up buying it for her hoping to toss it in the box of flashers and never see it again. Well, that didn't happen! Monday morning.....a few hours into the trip.....I hear "I wanna put my flasher down!" After a few minutes of making fun of it I say "Go pick out a fly!" She walks over to the selection and chooses an A-TOM-MIK LBB Live. Basically, a LBB with rainbow rubber in it. I was like "really????" She stuffs it down on the deep rigger. After a half hour and nothing I walk over and say "It's coming off!" I pop the rod and there is a shaker on it. WTF!!!! Down it goes again. 30 minutes later I'm stoked to take it off. I pop the rod, and there is small Laker on it this time. WTF!!! It happened like 2 more times. So now I have to hear how productive that rig is. WOMEN!!! They put together some great outfits, but they should leave the lure combos to us men! LMAO

Don't let my wife hear you say that Rick. She is a spoon designing fanatic. In fact, a "few" of your favorite DW patterns are Christie's original creations. I won't tell you which ones because I don't want you to get all macho and mess up your tournament performance. :lol:

Sometimes we "men" get so caught up in trying to outsmart the fish that we outthink ourselves. Women, usually have the right approach of "Try anything 'cause.....ya never know". Now...change the fly on that rig and catch some salmon on it! :o

Rick I totally understand. My wife always likes to pick out combos. Her spoon decisions are aweful, but her flasher/fly combos are usually amazingly productive. She picked out an orange on orange combo that his been our best producer the last few years. If nothing else, letting them pick out some whacky combos makes it more enjoyable for them and keeps them fishing with us :)

Although, she never lets me forget that she picked out this monkey puke holographic spoon and the very next day caught this steely:

DSCN9582.jpg

ok rick ,here's how i do it too keep everyone happy and its very simple keep ur ( A Game )stuff together in a box or shelf and let em pick from that ! thats how the tomahawk rolls and i smile as my little fisherman and fisherwoman hand me a gater or nbk to put down ! :clap::clap::clap: the goverment dose it too us normal people and SH(t rolls down hill but at least ur giving them good stuff to pick from this way. Captain up ! :lol: If that don"t work rip the sleeve"s off ur shirt get alitte greece on them arms of urs and smile at her she mite be trying to tell ya something ! :o

Rick....

It only begins....try having a daughter....I have more pink spoons and flies than anyone. Dennis at Narbys get a big laugh every time I go there with my daughter. He shows her all the latest and "greatest" pink lures.....guess who goes home with a pile of pink stuff every time.......

The worst part is , my daughter snitches me out to my wife about how much money I spent.........

It's a conspiracy.....

Rick, you cant really complain too much about your girl being involved with your fishing life style. Last month, my wife picked the colors and handed me a paint brush to paint the rooms in our house. I have done painting four rooms with some crazy colors during early June before she can finally let me out of the house. :lol:

Rick, you should know better...

Women always accessorize better than we do! It's genetic!

...and they get a lot more practice? How often do you spend 1/2 hr. in front of the mirror matching your shoes to your outfit?

When you only have brown, black, and tennis shoes - it ain't that hard!

Rick, you should know better...

Women always accessorize better than we do! It's genetic!

...and they get a lot more practice? How often do you spend 1/2 hr. in front of the mirror matching your shoes to your outfit?

When you only have brown, black, and tennis shoes - it ain't that hard!

Rick when did you get an outfit ? :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: