p ville area friday saturday and sunday! spring king!

fished  friday  saturday and sunday!   

friday was  exceptional   we went  27-31  and  pulled away from good water.  temps were 44 and got fish from 5-18 fow.   had  5 fish over  11 lbs!   everything we threw  at them  caught fish!  sticks, spoons all colors  lol 

saturday   water temp changed  drastically  temps  dropped to around 40 degrees and lost good  color, water was clear  we went 8-10  with a  big  ole  salmon in the mix,  looks like  it spawned and  came back out  in the lake,  big  skinny  male.  spoons with  natural and  bright colors  were the best.   caught most fish in 15fow 

sunday  temps  were about the same color was about the same as yesterday,  fishing was about the same,  8-9 no big  fish no salmon  early bite.  fished  moved out as a few boats  around.    spoons and sticks  naturals  and brights  worked.     fish were spread out between 4-18 fow 

post-144765-0-13995700-1364773994_thumb.jpgpost-144765-0-55005100-1364774003_thumb.jpgpost-144765-0-20611300-1364931710_thumb.jpg

Edited by machzrcr

Good going! My big question is this: How the H did you get the ladies to go fishing this time of year? :)  My wife was INTO fishing when we dated but once the marriage thing hit ...fishing was history for her :lol:  You guys are lucky.... make the most of it!

Sk8man, I see the size vessel you are Captaining. One thing I have learned with the ladies is they will be "gamers" but they LIKE COMFORT They have no interest in bragging later about "toughing it", LOL

I know that Whaler you are running is a fish killing machine, but young Joe is running a 28fter with a hardtop! He is one of what seems to be a growing number of young guys who are using "date fishing" as a qualifier--smart. 

Don't give up on your bride, I have a long time client from OH bringing his wife of 40+ years up this Summer for the first time.

Good luck this Spring.

Thanks Vince :)  We've been married 25 yrs....and she used to go in my 13ft. Whaler way back then....on second thought though it may have something to do with the lack of a portapotty and a private place to use it. :lol:  Best regards and have a great season. Les

Nice report. Glad to hear somebody finding fish early.

Where did you launch? I have an 18.5' Lund, and I am worried about getting it in the water at Hughes.

Were you fishing east or west from Pultneyville?

Thanks, and tight lines,

Tom

thanks  matt!  

Vinny  we  did keep that fish,  but we filleted it unfortunately,   i did  pull out  its  front teeth  because  they were  awesome  looking  lol  so if they can do something with one of those i have them lol  

sk8man  yes  vinny is right  hardtop  drop cutrains and  HEAT!  lol  makes  it SOOO  nice  lol  

rich-   i saw  you  going  by and i  knew  you were  putting  in this weekend but wasn't  sure it was you! At  first  i was like  what  10 meter  is  driving all the way down here  from sodus  on plane!  lol  and  then saw you set  up and  fish it  west!      

Nice report. Glad to hear somebody finding fish early.

Where did you launch? I have an 18.5' Lund, and I am worried about getting it in the water at Hughes.

Were you fishing east or west from Pultneyville?

Thanks, and tight lines,

Tom

Tom, I was down at Bear Creek this weekend and you could easily launch there. The dock isn't in, but the debris is all cleaned up and you can use the break wall as your dock....that's what I do. I also think the one ramp in pultneyville might be open. Not at the PYC...but at the restaurant.

Good stuff, Joe. What did you do with that King(possible Chin-ho) ?  That looks like an odd one. That anal fin looks suspect. Some of the crosses are sterile I believe, which would mess up the schedule. At least get some scales from that fish if not the whole fish. DEC staff Jana Lantry would be the contact person.

Vince, I would agree on a possible chin-ho except it sure looks like that fish is adipose clipped.

Tim