13.9LB Walleye

33Scout

Took my four year old son and a buddy out walleye fishing today and although this is the only fish we caught it turned out to be well worth it. Have been fishing hard this year with success some days better than others. This is my biggest walleye to date. My son was so excited to see as big fish be landed right in front of him. Husky jerk paid off for me again. Thought I would share the picture with the members on here. Beautiful walleye and better memory.post-152372-0-09396300-1370230691_thumb.jpgpost-152372-0-09396300-1370230691_thumb.jpg

WOW, what a fish, It's a trophy of a life time, and to have JR. with you is just priceless!!! His smile is from ear to ear, what a memorable day, such Pictures and stories makes me miss my dad a lot, but HEY, this is your day, thanks for sharing your picture and story with us on LOU. PAP. PS. was that fish caught in the states???

Fish was 30.5"

This is NOT a question of 33Scout's measurement.  I am more interested in discussing the weigh charts.  Last year I caught a 25 in walleye out of the river that weighed 5lbs.  This spring I caught a 25 inch walleye (post spawn) out of a lake that weighed 8lbs.  A few years ago (pre spawn) I caught a 30.5 from the river that weighed 10lbs.  Is there something different in how these fish grow depending on their environment?

BTW:  That is an awesome fish.  Congratulations.  The biggest walleye I ever caught was the only one I caught that day.

This is NOT a question of 33Scout's measurement.  I am more interested in discussing the weigh charts.  Last year I caught a 25 in walleye out of the river that weighed 5lbs.  This spring I caught a 25 inch walleye (post spawn) out of a lake that weighed 8lbs.  A few years ago (pre spawn) I caught a 30.5 from the river that weighed 10lbs.  Is there something different in how these fish grow depending on their environment?

BTW:  That is an awesome fish.  Congratulations.  The biggest walleye I ever caught was the only one I caught that day.

I got a 27" Quinte eye on my wall that weighed 9.01lbs.  It all depends on girth.  Lake Ontario and Quinte eyes are very healthy eyes.  The girths are amazing. 

I figured all the scientific jargon was gonna happen when I posted this picture of the fish. I thought other anglers would appreciate seeing a trophy fish like this. If u look closely at the picture I am not doing the "Extended Arm" fisherman's trick my elbows are resting on top of my thighs. I am 6'3" 225. IMO the fish is a monster. I hope that members on here are able to see my intent of posting a picture like this,the fruits of labor of a father and son spending quality time on the lake together. My son was so excited jumping up and down like I have never seen. BTW I took his life vest off for the photo I put it on immediately after photos. Thanks all and good luck on the water.

BSmaster BTW not bashing your post I actually though last night before I posted the picture if it would be worth posting because these forums/posts usually end up in a bashing contest. I.E. I killed a 150" Buck in MO a couple years ago and after a week or so the deer ended up being poached and only scored a 112" and the shot placement was horrible and I should have quit hunting by the time people were done giving there opinion. So, you see where I am going with this one. Thanks for the props on the fish.

I should apologize.  I am sorry.  I didn't mean to hijack your post.  I was just curious about how the walleye grow differently in different bodies of water.  I should have started my own thread.

People will always tear down the walls to make themselves feel taller.  Just focus on the moment.  It is pretty special.

Fish wasnt caught in lake O but close. Undisclosed location for various reasons.

I don't blame you one bit for keeping the location a secret. I would too. Congratulations...nice fish! I'm still looking for that 30" eye. My best has been close...29.5"...the fish in my avatar.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...