Any one ever use Red Eye - Evil Eye spoons?

vetting

I have a bunch of vintage Red Eye - Evil Eye spoons and looking to keep some and sell the rest. I know they are somewhat vintage but they seem to be pretty nice. They seem to be lighter than most spoons and seem to be in between a normal spoon and a flutter spoon. I probably have around 60 mags and 60 standards, so just looking for some advice if I should hang on to a few.

Here is a picture of a "few" of them icon_smile.gif

post-151912-0-58807500-1386305052_thumb.jpg

They are one of the best "go to" lures over the years when other things fail. The standards work real well in the Finger Lakes and the mags and standards work on the salmon on Lake O. They are one of the last lures I'd get rid of in my boxes.

Man that's one hell of a collection, and with the talk from these well known and seasoned members that said their word, and one saying some are worth $11.00 a piece I'd hang on to them and use them, especially if they work!!! With SK mentioning they would be the "last" lure he would pension and Ray saying someone knew what they were doing when they selected those lures of yours would make me hang on to them and put them to work. Best of luck and put those lures in the water this coming year.

Well I dont need 150 of them :)  I fish Lake Michigan out of Milwaukee where its a 50/50 spoon vs flashers setup.  I already have a large assortment of old faithful spoons.  Just looking to add some to the mix and get rid of the rest.  The more I sort through these spoons, the more I come to like them though.  They are a lot lighter and have a perfect bend in them.  Any have any comments on what are the better patterns in red eye?

The blacks,greens, yellows and firetigers are deadly on Lakers.  Run the silver/orange for browns along shore in spring and offshore for steelhead.  Silver ones catch Kings. Can't say I ever caught any on the white ones.

Edited by Gill-T

I have a bunch of these also.  I bought them four years ago at an estate sale and didn't know what they were. I have never used them.cause I'm always hearing of evereyone using NK's, Stingers  and Dream Weavers.  I was going to let them go for a buck a piece.  I'm glad I didn't.  I'm going to use these first,  come spring 2014 before using everything else. Thanks for identifying these.    

An additional point.....over the years I have caught many many rainbows on the small evil eyes (smaller than the standard size) so if you have any of those hang on to them if you have any no matter which colors... :)

So you are saying just keep them all :)  I'll pick out a few that I want to keep and post the rest for sale sometime this weekend.

Here is the full collection after sorting through them all. 

post-151912-0-50855100-1386427747_thumb.jpg

Edited by vetting

So you are saying just keep them all :)  I'll pick out a few that I want to keep and post the rest for sale sometime this weekend.

Here is the full collection after sorting through them all. 

attachicon.gifredeyeall.jpg

I wouldn't get rid of any of them personally.

But I'm a non-recovering and unrepentent tackle addict. :)

Tim

Edited by Tim Bromund

There are two spoons in that collection that I would run stock... the rest would be stripped and custom painted. We run about five custom patterns... they all have their time and place. All trout specific. :D. Their beauty is the low spead action. And when their hot their smokin hot. ;)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Lake Ontario United mobile app