LOU Member 1st place Salmon 5/2/2007 5pm

How does not one Brown get weighed in on the opening day??????????? Is it a case of guys catching them and not weighing them thinking they dont have a chance? How many are kickin' themselves for not pocketing 100 dollars?

Here is the only one I have on my camera. I need to learn to pose for these things. In its mouth is the top secret fly that took the big fish the last two days. OK, so there is no real top secret fly. Its ATOMIK's chicken wing fly. It took our big fish on Saturday and Sunday. Both came on 300' copper with a Smart Fish pulling that fly.

aV1r6w09.jpg

So you want to hear the best story? We weigh it in at Yougstown at 9am and it weighs 22.08. We put it on the scale at the boatyard at 5pm for pictures and its 22.12 :? . The guy at youngstown never hole punched the fish, and he had to calibrate the scale to zero before we put the fish on the scale. In my opinion the scale isnt calibrated correctly. If you have a big fish your better off going to the Wilson Boat yard. Screw Youngstown! Who knows how much weight that thing lost in 8+ hours of fishing. I know it wouldnt of grabbed first, but I know i could have added some weight to my fish.

Before any scale controversy arises, I would like to address this issue. There are four scales in Niagara County, all which have been certified by the County Weights and Measures. I know, I have all the bills for certification. The scale at Youngstown is brand new and he has to reset the zero for several days, until it is completely broken in. I was on the phone this morning with him when it was done. This zeroing function on the scale in no way effects the certification.

As far as the difference of the indicated weight of the two scales is concerned I have seen it quite often when weighing fish. I have no idea how this fished was stored for 8 hours, but if it is place in ice and or water, picking up an additional 2 or 3 ounces of water weight is very easy. That’s why if the fish comes to the weigh-in station in ice and water, the fish is supposed to be inverted.

It has been my experience that fish lose or gain very little, <1-2%. I have weighed fish over a week later on the same scale and had them weigh exactly the same and with a swing of up to 5 ounces. The only way a fish will lose “a couple of poundsâ€

May I ask where this Youngstown facility is? I will be up there the weekend of Memorial day. I know the LOC is over then but I just want to support the local shops.

Richard

blue eyes thanks for the quick link to the loc. leader board ,as for the rest of you guys enjoy your spot on the board only 2days and 18hrs and 23 min,and 30 seconds till i hit the water....................................................................................................................................................with a little luck and my raw skill(more luck)ill catch a derby fish .hey bassguy didnt you mention wireless at olcott before? maybe ill bring my laptop ........hmmmm 25lbs in the spring ant to bad,,,, great job guys ,,,