Pro-Am Horror Stories?

with the proam series around the corner, which im sure will generate some new stories, lets hear some horror stories of the past ...............

tom (fisherman) hanging over the side of my boat chumming the east end of the lake outa sodus ,then whining about the little salmon chop we had on sunday,sompthing about not wanting to die just to do well in a derby...............where are his prioraties......guess he wont be on deadlyiest catch anytime soon.

Many years ago we had an old lady as our spotter and they called off fishing after 2 hours, so we had a 8 mile ride south to olcott w/ HUGE waves from the east. It was pretty tense and we actueally had the life vests out! Well this lady wouldn't stop talking so my dad finally said,"shut the f#@k up lady!". We thanked him later after we cleaned our shorts.

Also kicking the crap out of the fish during a thunderstorm and downpour. We ended up winning.

Too many others along w/ lots of pukers.

A few years ago we fished the Oswego Pro Am. It was very rough one day and when we left the dock, I asked the observer if he was used to rough water. The observer(a young punk) was a real smart ass and replied.." Don't worry about it. My Dad's a charter captain, and I can fish in anything." After only 1/2 hour out there, smart ass goes down in our head and proceeds to yack all over the bathroom. I go down and drag him upstairs and hold him over the side. Man I felt like throwing him over. The whole time I was busting his balls..." Oh you can fish in anything huh......."

My observer last year in the Oswego Pro- Am who had a broken ankle when he got on board and then we kept hearing this beeping sound while we were fishing, he kept saying it was his cell phone. Turned out it was his Pace Maker shocking his heart!!! He had only had it installed 3 weeks prior to getting on my boat!!! And to top it off he couldnt read or write!! The best part Jerry got him the following week in Sodus!!!!!!!! HA HA HA!!!!!

well i got you all beat, seating at my dock at sodus last year getting ready with my crew abroad and then we witness a person,losing is stoam at the dock for about 5 min that was bad plus my crew just about left they didn,t enjoy seeing that first thing in the morning

2005 Niagara Pro Am Day # 2 While on the way back to port to weigh in a big o'l box of fish the boat breaks down!!! turned out to be a spun drive coupler. I was up on plane doing a cool 25 MPH on flat water then all of a sudden JERK JERK JERK and she drops into the water like a gull after bait fish.. Called tow boat us only for them to call my home phone for my location,,,DUHHHHH...Sheriffs boat came out to get us...

One other good one! I had Jerry's brother in law on board one day and I think he was thirsty by the end of the day he was spillin some great spoon programs and spoons!! Pro-Ams are a great place to Learn!

Yankee dont forget to pack the fish beater, and Duct Tape to seal the cooler!

Good Luck to everyone!

Niagra, First weigh in of my pro-am career, -17.54 points. Measured the laker with the tail spread out :( , chalk that one up to experience.

Oswego, Fishing a great break, points out of the money, fishing with a little scottish guy named Scotty, a lot of you know him, god rest his sole. He's pissing in the bucket near the left corner rigger and the rod pops and is screaming off line. He's yelling (with his scottish accent) grab the rod, grab the rod!!, I wasn't going anywhere near it. We lost the fish and money. the 10 points would have put us in. ;( The same tourny were pulling rods just off the lighthouse and a rod fires. The observer, you all know her, the blonde from Niagra starts counting down seconds till the end of the tourny. 25, 24, 23...I try and hork this pig in to get the points and snap! ;( That fish would have done us well.

Pukers, I get em all thank you very little. I even brought one of my own who made me call to tournment control to ask if we could let him off the boat. He jumped 10' from the boat to the dock to get off.

One more great one, Niagra again, were close to the money mind you, fishing off the bar, the side rigger goes off and my tournment partner Bill Alhart, God rest his sole too, (fishing with me is definately bad for your health) grabs the line and fights what seems to be a pretty good sized fish. Were thinking $$$, the fish comes to the boat and its the biggest fresh water drum you ever saw, Uglier that Bill himself!!! :lol: No money that year either.

Money stories: I got nothin', but I'll keep on trying....as long as I can keep some fishing partners alive :(

No fish falling out of coolers and back into the Lake YT??? ;)

We've had a couple of observers who were so completely hung over that they were totally and utterly useless...it was all they could do to write the fish on the log for us. And they were both pukers too...nice. Hint for those of you going to be observers...it's a whole lot more fun and you'll learn a lot more if you actually go to bed and get some rest the night before!

Oswego Pro/Am 2001 fishing with the Cold Steel boys, was a neck in neck race to within a few points with Bob Jordan, Tony Buffa and us after day 1, we knew we needed 12 to have a chance with only an hour left and watching Bob Jordan clear the gap into Oswego, he was done early and had his fish. Went a few hours at one point without a rod moving, finally rod goes off, a nice King screaming, we were counting our chickens on this fish..............Finally get the King to the back of the boat, Scotty one of our crew at the time knocks the King off, about a 20 lber., fish off.......... F_____ !!!!

As I am sure most everyone here except Yankee has been there, ouch, very quiet on board now with minimal time left, lots of F_____'s around and Andy kicking the same bucket a few times.

Next thing you know rods goes off again, another screaming King, kept Scotty away from the net and we won that year from the points from that fish.

Like someone laready noted, there are so many stories.

Tom

Tall Tails,

BRIAN NO more stories about REBEL'S handicaps and I mean HANDICAPS. I still do not let family spot anymore for me because of the free spoon tips you and your dad received that tourny. But I bet you and your dad and father-in-law can tell you some stories they witnessed with electrical tape and a LOUD CAPTAIN!!! You did not mention your streak of just behind finishes at every PRO-AM stop last year. MAN did that cost you and your wife ALOT OF ICECREAM. HA HA HA HA

SEE YOU RIGHT HERE!!!

SOON

Best of luck

Jerry

REBEL

As soon as I saw this topic I knew my name would be brought up :shock: :mrgreen: by Ray. Then again that is my biggest horror story, but I've only fished the one. It won't happen this year my friend! Not happening!

"Non horror" story would be our observer from Sodus :shock: :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

As soon as I saw this topic I knew my name would be brought up :shock: :mrgreen: by Ray. Then again that is my biggest horror story, but I've only fished the one. It won't happen this year my friend! Not happening!

"Non horror" story would be our observer from Sodus :shock: :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Yahoooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

The biggest horror story of them all happened last year at my very first Pro Am. I met Ray K.

It was offset by the pleasure of meeting FISHINMAN for the first time also, so I stuck around. The End.

The biggest horror story of them all happened last year at my very first Pro Am. I met Ray K.

It was offset by the pleasure of meeting FISHINMAN for the first time also, so I stuck around. The End.

That is absolutely true! Would have been mine too but I met him last Mothers Day for the first time!