Legacy- 2015 Deer Season

Legacy

Here's a question for u guys. Does anybody shoot a drop away rest? If so, what kind, and how does it perform from a hunting stand point? ( keeping the arrow secure while drawing, hanging on the hook, or holding it) I've been using the whisker biscuit for awhile now but thinking of changing for a new bow.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Check out the Rip Cord Ace. Nice drop away rest that has a brake that stops the rest from bouncing back up and hitting the fletching. I also have a Copper John Mark IV single pin sight that is awesome. You won't be disappointed going this route.  

I use a drop too but need my 4 pins if the deer is 15 yds or 50 yds i dont want any guessing,in a hunting situation ,many times you have seconds to react to the deer position,a strutting or angling deer can move several yds in 2 or 3 steps...your best friend is a rangefinder.........have every shooting spot  memorized""""" well before the deer shows up""""""""" and you will make the shot EVERYTIME ....well assuming you don't melt,poop yer pants,or close yer eyes....bottom line if you shoot well with your "program" stick with it  I am "that guy" who cleans,inspects and stores his bow till 2 weeks before season shoots 10 arrows if all is well its a tip swap and back in the case till opening day..........with that said i have been shooting for over 40 years back in the day i spent hours and hours flinging arrows..........

I have a 5 pin sight with super small pins too. It's lighted so it helps in early morning or last light shots. I use my rangefinder religiously too Ray. Always ranging puddles, sticks, tufts of grass, etc so I'll be ready if/ when he decides to show up. Nice buck man!!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Congrats on all the great bucks harvested. Stuff happens fast in the tree and I don't like guessing, I shoot 3 pins. Ther is so many things that have to align to successfully take a deer with the bow, I try to eliminate as many as possible. When I bought my used bow it came with trophy take sight with verticle pins. I absolutely love it, keeps the whole sight window open. It also came with a drop away rest that captures the arrow with calipers on rest. not sure of brand. Love  that. I messed up on the biggest buc I ever had on me in bow range wen me arrow fell off rest with the trophy taker, was a one in a million thing, but it happened. Good luck! keep pileing them up

Edited by bettieanne