Legacy- 2015 Deer Season

Legacy

I hunted last night and it was hot. We didn't see a thing. With the weather, I figured I sideline myself until Saturday.

Sent from my E6782 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I hunted last night and it was hot. We didn't see a thing. With the weather, I figured I sideline myself until Saturday.

Sent from my E6782 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Rob we have that luxury but had I not killed I'd be out Edited by dvdegeorge

Everyone's whining about the heat

I talk to my buddy who lives in Tx and 90 degrees is cool to him

He sent me a picture hunting from his stand with bare feet

I was deployed with a guy from Georgia and he said he hunts in snake boots and like a mesh gilley suit with just underwear. I was hunting this morning in my bibs and a hoodie and it just didn't feel right.

I love everything about Texas, except the heat. Could never live there because of it. Bring on the snow and ice!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

x2

Sent from my LG-D631 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I dont have the right bowhunting clothes for this and tonight was definitely the warmest I have ever sat in NY in November. It was 63 degrees when I got back to the truck, well after dark. About the time it was to climb down, they had me trapped. Sluggishly tromping through the crunchy leaves.  

Then, to top it off, I pull into driveway in time to see my 3d deer laying in pieces in the backyard and the buck bounding away. Gotta love it.

Down to camp easr side Keuka Lake saw two doe tonight not in range neighbor across the road son shot a nice ten point at 4:30 called and they found it around 7:30 his first bow buck he's around 17? There supposed to stop with it I will post a pic?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G730A using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I dont have the right bowhunting clothes for this and tonight was definitely the warmest I have ever sat in NY in November. It was 63 degrees when I got back to the truck, well after dark. About the time it was to climb down, they had me trapped. Sluggishly tromping through the crunchy leaves.

Then, to top it off, I pull into driveway in time to see my 3d deer laying in pieces in the backyard and the buck bounding away. Gotta love it.

Sounds like u need to get a Treestand over there in your back yard. I'm heading out to sit in the rain today. Maybe I'll get rewarded

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I dont have the right bowhunting clothes for this and tonight was definitely the warmest I have ever sat in NY in November. It was 63 degrees when I got back to the truck, well after dark. About the time it was to climb down, they had me trapped. Sluggishly tromping through the crunchy leaves.  

Then, to top it off, I pull into driveway in time to see my 3d deer laying in pieces in the backyard and the buck bounding away. Gotta love it.

Hilarious!! Two years ago my Glendale was laying on the ground with one of the legs off and I thought it just fell over, but now you got me thinking Vince!!

Cool story - good luck afield,

Chris

Thank You,,, for those who know me i have sat in every condition thrown at the hunters from oct 1st till the day i  was blessed with a shot at this buck.....Yes those trail cams working 24/7 on a food plot can tell ya what is in the area but even the best cameras dont get em all. 

Also If the biggest buck in the world keeps showing up at 2 am....to me that make as much since as sitting in a train station at noon waiting for the midnight train.....

ya gotta figure his daylight pattern, then hope all the star's aligne

in your favor for a shot...

I have sat in stands i placed   knowing the chance of getting a shot are 0 to none but i can see large areas of woods to help me estlablish the deer travel areas....or not any at all ...yes as with fishing we know some spots are dead but you get one on ocasion..  but its that 10% of water that hold  90% of fish we head too ........well their is a reason 90% of the fish are there....now find that 10% of woods , and only only only ...the 3 "Os'" hunt the edges of those areas with the proper wind direction.........this buck was circling his route around a bedding area 200 yds away from it so if ya wanna put the slim odds in yer favor..you can do this and see 1 0r 2 deer a hunt   ..or plow right in their see a bunch of small bucks and does .......every day is a new hunt it might take 1 or 10 hunts to see the big ones but a sight like this when you walk up to it makes every rainy,windy,snowy,deerless hunt worth it...opps didnt download pic yet   BRB

post-139681-0-89051500-1446815604_thumb.jpg        ok i edited the pic

Edited by ray koziatek

Zero sightings for me last night, I'm sure the weather played a big role in that. I'm starting to believe that there is a such thing as to much cover. 2 out of the 3 locations is full of cover, thick nasty stuff. Which one would believe is perfect. But between the 2 spots i would say out of 270 acres 80% of it is bedding, cover. It makes damn near impossible to hunt the deer using these property's IMO. Very hard to access these spots without your wind blowing into a section of the bedding and to even see the deer moving around in them. I have stands on the edges but essentially there is no edges as the cover just keeps going. This off season I need to get In there and cut some out i i think to make my edges. Very frustrating when you know they are there as the tracks prove it crossing the logging roads but tough to see them under that much cover.

Edited by JakeyBaby