fixed broad heads for a mathews?

bettieanne

Bought a used Mathews reezen in the spring, and I am woundering what other people use for fixed blade broad heads out of a speed bow? Well that what they call it. I have always shot thunder heads out of my old (slow) low end reflex. They don't seem to fly as good as I would like out of new bow. Just trying to see what others would recommend. Thanks

Did you paper tune your bow yet? I shoot 85gr. thunderheads out of my Mathews and after I tuned the bow and the arrows they shoot the same as my field points. Some of those wouldbe speed bows are not forgiving as a little slower bow, Are you shooting the same shafts you shot out of the old bow? I think I should ask how your field points shoot before critize your shooting ability. :)

Hope this help a little. Good luck.

I used to shoot thunderheads out of my old PSE. But my new bowtech doesn't seem to like them. Arrows end up where I'm aiming but the arrows don't fly straight...they whistle and zig zag through the air.

Slick tricks, G5, wasp and muzzy are all very good choices for fixed blade heads. Just find which ones shoot the best out of your reezen. Most of these heads will shoot nicely and may not even need tuning.

Good luck.

Thanks for the input, still trying to decide, I have had great luck with the thunder heads. A 6 pack of heads last me many seasons. I like the fact that I can shoot multiple deer with the same broad head, chisel point and blade removal for gently resharp or replace. Yea I am cutting it close, season knocking on our door!!!!!!!!

G5's.  Last broadheads you will need to buy, they are easily sharpened, no cheap replacement blades to worry about holding in place, they tune nice.   Been shooting them for 6 years.   I prefer 100 grains  broad heads and Im shooting over 300fps with Easton Full Metal Jacket arrows.  Get your FOC right, your broadheads tuned properly and you will shoot them like a field point shot after shot. Biggest mistake in my opinion is not having the weight behind the broadhead to penetrate bone if the shot is not ideal. I wont go less than 500 grains total.

Edited by Steelman

These are what I've chose for this year! Here's the pics of the steelforce traditionals. Total arrow pkg. wt. 535gr.  Broadhead 225gr. AMO FOC 20.5%. These fly like a dream out of my Mathews Monster M6 with M7 modules on it and my Mathews Switchback XT! You can only get these heads at 3 rivers archery!post-147154-0-24258600-1443562483_thumb.jpg