Trolling motor batteries

King Slammin

Thanks Vince. The interstates that are currently on the boat are from 2008 but I've only had the boat since February. They are tucked away under the consoles so I like the idea of the AGM since I won't have to add any water. Cabelas has them on sale for $169 ($229 normally)

I just picked up 2 of the 30 series batteries cabelas batteries.  They are the ones I picked after about a week of research.  I havent put them to the test yet, but by the specs they are the best out there for the money.  

I have had good luck with Cabelas AGM batteries. They are not cheap, but I have had some last 8-10 years. They hold a full charge for a long time ad don't seem to drain as fast as traditional marine batteries. I like the fact that these are sealed batteries. If you do buy these batteries, make sure you use a slow trickle charger and don't leave them on the boat over the winter.

I've never heard of Deka, but I've had 2 Cabelas AGM batteries, group 27, and they lasted over 8 years. They were still good when I used them for a core exchange, but I just thought it was time for new ones.

• 2 weeks later...