Favorite plugs?

Legacy

Rob, I know you fish plugs. One you might not have tried is a Kiko Reel Keel plug.  They shine for big browns in spring on deep rigger near bottom. I will also sometimes run them off leadcore for spring kings. 

Kikofishing.com

Edited by Gill-T

For spring browns our go-to plug is an old Rebel naturalized brown trout 3 1/2 in out on the board with a rubber core sinker if needed. I've got 2 left. When they go   ;(        In muddy,stained water same size Bombers or Challengers, anything bright.  You can probably tell my age by those selections.       :D     Gonna give some new bay Rats a run this year

In clear water for browns we have great success with a blue and silver rapala f11. 

When I started fishing with my grandfather in spring and into summer. A crystalina black and silver stick was always on a middle rigger with a long lead way behind the other 3 downriggers most likely all with spoons and short leads. That bait took lots of salmon and many steel head. We run a lot sticks on Erie and the steel head definitely prefer a fire tiger Rynowsky. That bait catches more trout then any other stick/spoon on Erie on our boat. 

"I was referring more to  j plugs & cut plugs".  Well I am not!  and not a troller to much either.  I cast mainly for walleye and occasionally muskies and my FAVORITE is the old grandma lures, Bass assasines and any of the real storm lures from the original company ( wiggle warts, hot and tots in fish etc).  Rapala ruined a good lure.  Just my opinion.  And I always dress my lures, piec es of night crawlers or slices of fish little pieces rubber baits and I use the attractant lures also.....jk

If you get a chance to stop in at Bass Pro Shops in St. Catherines Ontario, look thru their Lyman selection.  A standby is the Glow(white) with black ladder.  You will have to play around with the hook rigging as the two stock hooks will get together.  Very erratic action to piss off pierhead kings.