Legacy- 2018 Deer Season

Legacy

My browning strike forces hung out since October 2017. I pulled them 1st week of August. Kinda cool to catch the growth stages of a buck was surprised to find full cards and still 40% battery. Most deer that passed this cam were running...wondered why til the coyote pics. IMG_1349.JPGIMG_1690.JPGIMG_2215.JPGIMG_2209.JPG

Sent from my SM-G930V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

HuntStand, Had a bunch of recent updates and has a lot of helpful tools. Early in September I hunted bear in Canada, while I didn’t have property lines, I marked every stand I hunted and trails in and out. It was very helpful. I definitely had confidence hunting the big woods with the app as a back up if I got turned around.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

7 hours ago, Duckman1 said:

Instead of using your phone why dont you get a gps. They work off multiply satellites.

Sent from my LG-M327 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

A smart phone has a GPS, the GPS in the phone does not work off cellular it works anywhere a GPS works. The OnX app allows you to download maps for "offline" use (No Internet Connections), the other feature that is really handy is that it uses the public tax maps to show property lines and property owners info. The reason I like using the app instead of a stand alone gps is that it is one less thing to carry. My phone has become my GPS/Mapping, camera, video recorder, and for those extra long sits I play euchre and yahtzee on it.

On ‎9‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 7:42 PM, hawkeye625 said:

My browning strike forces hung out since October 2017. I pulled them 1st week of August. Kinda cool to catch the growth stages of a buck was surprised to find full cards and still 40% battery. Most deer that passed this cam were running...wondered why til the coyote pics. IMG_1349.JPGIMG_1690.JPGIMG_2215.JPGIMG_2209.JPG

Sent from my SM-G930V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

This is awesome! I love the rack growth sequence!! Thanks for sharing

I heard Mark Drury talking about this new app on the Wired to Hunt podcast. And it sounds pretty cool. This guy is a scientist when it comes to deer hunting. Great info.
I've downloaded the deer cast app and enjoy it. It provides some good content from DOD that you wouldn't see otherwise and takes some of the guess work out of picking good days to hunt. I plan on comparing what the app tells me vs. my on stand experience throughout the season.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

15 minutes ago, JakeyBaby said:

I heard Mark Drury talking about this new app on the Wired to Hunt podcast. And it sounds pretty cool. This guy is a scientist when it comes to deer hunting. Great info.

Just downloaded it. Seems to have some decent info. Im not to sure about the deer movement prediction...

https://www.druryoutdoors.com/deercast.php#.W6uXu2hKiUk

Just downloaded it. Seems to have some decent info. Im not to sure about the deer movement prediction...
https://www.druryoutdoors.com/deercast.php#.W6uXu2hKiUk
I agree, I'm interested to compare the apps predictions to boots on the ground experience.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I've been using hunt stand for a couple of years for wind direction.  As with anything, it can be off sometimes, but, for the most part it's pretty accurate.  It's also nice to look at the entire area with your scouting pins....potential stand sites kinda jump out at you.

Just now, hawkeye625 said:

I've been using hunt stand for a couple of years for wind direction.  As with anything, it can be off sometimes, but, for the most part it's pretty accurate.  It's also nice to look at the entire area with your scouting pins....potential stand sites kinda jump out at you.

Typically i use nws for all my weather but it would be nice to have a couple other tools to choose the right stands