Legacy- 2018 Deer Season

Legacy

I have a question but im not sure its for this thread so if its not just erase it please. How does everyone approach keeping your base layer clothing scent free? Multiple pairs of everything? Was daily? Always hang putside during hunting season?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I have a question but im not sure its for this thread so if its not just erase it please. How does everyone approach keeping your base layer clothing scent free? Multiple pairs of everything? Was daily? Always hang putside during hunting season?

If you look on Amazon they have a ton of ozone machines for $50....I bought a $20 bone view mobile one and tossed it a rubber made tote with socks I wore all day. 30 mins later I opened it up and the socks has no smell.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

If you look on Amazon they have a ton of ozone machines for $50....I bought a $20 bone view mobile one and tossed it a rubber made tote with socks I wore all day. 30 mins later I opened it up and the socks has no smell.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
Ok thanks ill look tonight

I bought my online at amazing1.com . Comes wired for regular 110 outlet and for 12v. I bought a battery for $20 and have 2 of them . This way I Always have juice. I believe I played something like $180 for the unit. This way I can do my clothes and take it in the woods all with one unit!

Also forgot to mention, this unit is adjustable for how much ozone you are putting out. Ranges from 200mgph to 500mgph. An ozonics only puts out 300 mgph on boost mode. And not to mention ozonics batteries are around $80. Not knocking the brand, but........ you can achieve the same results if not better for much cheaper!

October 4 pm

Well a rising barometer and falling temps should equal a good night in the tree right? I was beginning to question it until I had a decent 2.5 yo buck emerge from the bedding area along with a few does. After a quick look I grabbed the bow but I quickly realized he wasn't one that I was after. I watched him make his way to the corn field, scanned the trail he walked out, and out walks "curley". He's standing in the thick stuff 35 yards away. He never gives me a clean shot. 27 yards through the tree in my picture was the only opportunity. The stand was hung as a gun stand and tonight might prove the need to move it. He's gonna make a fatal mistake...

Just after 7 I'm planning my escape route from the stand just and just like that a single doe walks out into the field. A 1.5 yo buck sneaks up from behind me and chases he off. He's about 50 yards to start and feeds in my direction. I lower my bow down and it makes some noise on the ground. This grabs the Bucks attention and he makes his way closer. I have my backpack on and I'm making my way down the ladder and the buck just keeps coming. I shake the bow rope again and this young curious buck comes to the base of the tree. I shake the bow one last time and that is enough to finally startle him and he slowly walks away. I think I made it back to the truck at 745 trying to escape the tree tonight.IMG_20181004_164642885.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Be careful with the ozone. It'll destroy the rubber on your boots and do a real number on rubberized suspenders. I have a shower curtain in the back of my truck under the cap that I use to give my clothes a ten minute douche twice a season and that's it. Otherwise, boots get baking soda and there's always a fresh spot of fox pee ten yards off my stand. I think I might have gotten busted once or twice last year, but I also had multiple doe downwind that fed through without a care in the world. First sit coming up tonight.

Be careful with the ozone. It'll destroy the rubber on your boots and do a real number on rubberized suspenders. I have a shower curtain in the back of my truck under the cap that I use to give my clothes a ten minute douche twice a season and that's it. Otherwise, boots get baking soda and there's always a fresh spot of fox pee ten yards off my stand. I think I might have gotten busted once or twice last year, but I also had multiple doe downwind that fed through without a care in the world. First sit coming up tonight.
Agreed one year in and it's doing a number on the waist bands on my base layers

Sent from my XT1585 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I made a tree ozonics like the thread below utilizing the same website as jake, but bought components instead of the complete unit. Built for around 100 bucks with a lipo battery from amazon

https://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=5294995

I also have built a tote like this

https://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=5275989

Yes be careful hat you expose it too as it will kill the elastic and also ifyou have sitka stuff, it loves to kill suspenders.  Be careful with inhaling it as well, stuff is not good for you.... Wait why do I use this stuff?