Legacy- 2018 Deer Season

Legacy

Interesting enough sit. Tommy saw four or five deer, Jim shot a doe, and I had this visitor under my stand, as well as a couple of other doe. No bucks sighted. The only sticker was that when I checked two of the cameras with view screens, they only had a couple dozen photos, mainly of us walking. I have no idea why? I'll leave them and pull the SD cards next weekend. I had hundreds of pics from the first two weeks.

QJQtUMD.jpg

October 5 pm
NE wind 5-15
59 degrees
Partly cloudy

Late report from last night... Not a very eventful evening. I saw some deer but all in the distance along with a few on the walk out. Mostly does but I can confirm one small buck.
Eastern winds are keeping me from the spots I want to be in.

Sent from my XT1585 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

With the forecast for rain we decided to stay around the house this morning. I was lazy and stayed in but my daughter went out though and passed on 3 different bucks. Here is the biggest of the 3. We are gonna head down to our lease for the evening sit. Last night between 3 of us we saw close to 50 deer from on stand there, just need the right one to come by.11657.thumb.jpeg.1636203265e83d168d389a58f7e145b0.jpeg11658.thumb.jpeg.084b7b5837e30e07ef6bc29690a41948.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1

Back in the saddle. Wind is keeping me on the extreme edges right now. But I'm here and maybe take a doe if the shot presents itself. To many mouths this year. My food plots have been completely wiped out.

After this mornings nagging rain I am Back on stand the evening. Once again, not exactly where I want to be but I am hunting. Probably my lower impact stand on the property but really the only one that works with this NE wind. It's cool, light wind, and overcast... Seems like a perfect night for early October.

Sent from my XT1585 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I’m on an oak flat next to a swamp. Not as many nuts falling as I’d hoped. So far, just a four point chasing two die. It’s pretty dank and dismal, but that magic hour is here. My buddy is in the field with his kid and a rifle. Hopefully he gets a crack.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

October 7 pm

Well I'm starting to believe deer like East Winds as much as the fish in the lake do. Only deer I laid eyes on tonight was a 1.5 yo buck. 

Screenshot_20181007-180817.png

IMG_20181007_175246300_HDR.jpg

I hunt in a corner between a bedding area and a bean field. Only real way to access stand is walk along edge of bean field and take a 90 and walk along next edge to stand. This morning on my way in a jumped one deer out in the beans (happened before) so I thought “not that bad” then I made the 90 and it looked like the zoo let out. Must have been 12-15 deer all heading different directions needless to say that was it for the morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

lucked out early this year!  OCT 7th ,    i had 0 motivation to get out and sit on Sunday,i spent all day Saturday trying to get my nephew a youth hunt deer in the rain to no avail.  

Sunday evening i tinkered around the house until my wife insisted i get out of her hair. finally i convinced myself to just get in a tree and enjoy the relaxation.  i headed to the hardwoods with mostly red and white oak , the stand put the NE wind in my face.  i was txting with a buddy joking how it was a nice night to watch squirrels.we were both convinced this was night was a wash. at around 5:40 i hear crunching behind me (down wind)  !?!  i can see some legs in the brush and some horn but wasint convinced it was a shooter.  he was crunching acorns at 25yds but still didint get a great look at him with all the foliage.  then he finally took a few more steps towards me stuck his nose up in the air and started licking his lips .. i said oh S*IT he's on to me its now or never.. just as he started t do the turn and burn i snapped one off like i was shooting a recurve. and drilled him in the boiler room ,  he crashed hard got up and crashed again then it went silent.  it happened so fast my heart never even raced .. it was almost like did that really happen moment.   

Best of luck to all this season ! 

10pt.JPG.cc0a69ab576f72560dc8565c05cc26a6.JPG

1637040279_10pt_bow.thumb.JPG.c90f57e1f169d6f0038a2d50338286b3.JPG

• Like 2

lucked out early this year!  OCT 7th ,    i had 0 motivation to get out and sit on Sunday,i spent all day Saturday trying to get my nephew a youth hunt deer in the rain to no avail.  

Sunday evening i tinkered around the house until my wife insisted i get out of her hair. finally i convinced myself to just get in a tree and enjoy the relaxation.  i headed to the hardwoods with mostly red and white oak , the stand put the NE wind in my face.  i was txting with a buddy joking how it was a nice night to watch squirrels.we were both convinced this was night was a wash. at around 5:40 i hear crunching behind me (down wind)  !?!  i can see some legs in the brush and some horn but wasint convinced it was a shooter.  he was crunching acorns at 25yds but still didint get a great look at him with all the foliage.  then he finally took a few more steps towards me stuck his nose up in the air and started licking his lips .. i said oh S*IT he's on to me its now or never.. just as he started t do the turn and burn i snapped one off like i was shooting a recurve. and drilled him in the boiler room ,  he crashed hard got up and crashed again then it went silent.  it happened so fast my heart never even raced .. it was almost like did that really happen moment.   

Best of luck to all this season ! 

10pt.JPG.cc0a69ab576f72560dc8565c05cc26a6.JPG

1637040279_10pt_bow.thumb.JPG.c90f57e1f169d6f0038a2d50338286b3.JPG

Wow great buck. Congrats!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Thanks 1