Legacy -The 2019 Season-

Legacy

2 minutes ago, whaler1 said:

Nocturnal

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

What it tells me is where he is bedding. In the pm he is traveling from left to right and in the am he is traveling right to left. I know where he is bedding. Hmmmm... Im guessing that is his scrape!

1 hour ago, whaler1 said:

And anotherIMG_0814.JPG

You could put out an APB for a large pear-shaped man with a beard but that would describe 95% of the hunting public.  

• Like 1

You could put out an APB for a large pear-shaped man with a beard but that would describe 95% of the hunting public.  

Tommy is out of buck tags. My guess is he’ll be hunting something else in the am.

My money’s on Tommy.

Update. Got another pic at 630 this morning and Tommy went and met the gentleman. Brother of the land owner to the west in from out of town and not familiar with the property line.

Nice guy, all good.

• Like 1

What it tells me is where he is bedding. In the pm he is traveling from left to right and in the am he is traveling right to left. I know where he is bedding. Hmmmm... Im guessing that is his scrape!

God- “My son, what would you want to be in your second life?”
Me- “Anything! But please, pretty please, don’t make me a deer and live where Legacy hunts!”

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United

Well after spending the weekend with wife in Toronto I am back in a tree for the pm portion of the day.
I guess I will just play catch up on the thread while I wait impatiently for some deer movement.

Sent from my moto z4 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Deer were moving in 8r today this evening ,me and the kid together on the ground again got one of my biggest does ever .. and she had two shooter bucks with her .. after I busted her with the 30/30 she piled up 40 yards away then one high heavy 8 came in after the shot let me wind another round in .. looking at us tried to get the kid to turn on him but she couldn’t so I took a poke and missed clean , then this deer went up to the doe and made a scape five feet from her laying there then as we approached her a even bigger guy huge body was checking us out messing with his girl .. great night in the woods.. going back in , morning antlers only .... GOODLUCK ROB

• Like 1

My area has been hit quite hard with poachers... Found 2 bucks and 4 does dead from gunshot wounds on the property yesterday... all were vital hits and all were left laying with no effort to recover.... Man I hate that. Let the farmers/owners know and we had DEC all over this one.

I have yet to even pull the gun up on a deer at this point.

Yeah, I don't understand that at all. I think folks look at the site where they shot, and if they don't see hair or blood they say, "Must have missed". But a high vital shot can let a deer go a hundred yards or better without a drop hitting the ground, then they're dead on their feet and do the classic plow into a tree or something. You've got to follow up, or at least make some effort to track. I know it's tough without blood, but a guy I know left a huge doe dead 30 yards over the property line last week because he figured he missed. It wasn't even a hundred yards from where he shot it. All he had to do was walk to the edge where it went into the woods and he would have seen it. At least he came over and recovered it when I called him, but to me that's a head shaker.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Gator said:

Yeah, I don't understand that at all. I think folks look at the site where they shot, and if they don't see hair or blood they say, "Must have missed". But a high vital shot can let a deer go a hundred yards or better without a drop hitting the ground, then they're dead on their feet and do the classic plow into a tree or something. You've got to follow up, or at least make some effort to track. I know it's tough without blood, but a guy I know left a huge doe dead 30 yards over the property line last week because he figured he missed. It wasn't even a hundred yards from where he shot it. All he had to do was walk to the edge where it went into the woods and he would have seen it. At least he came over and recovered it when I called him, but to me that's a head shaker.

I saw a lot of that in New Hampshire. They'd take a half-assed shot at a deer and if it didn't drop, they wouldn't try to track it. If it had a decent rack, they MIGHT call for a dog...