Heading out of Stony this weekend, haven't been since July 4, anything here (king, steel)? Been quite quiet on this end of lake it seems. Usually I try to go out at least once a week, but, work..........

Side note, how are the fleas?

Sent from my E6810 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I was out Monday morning. Temps were definitely weird due to the winds from the week before. Landed to lakers and lost a king on 450 copper, broke the knot at the swivel! Ugh. I didn’t check the trench. Started south of the finger and trolled southerly towards the plant. 44-48 degrees down 110 once we found it in 140-150 fow.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I was out Monday morning. Temps were definitely weird due to the winds from the week before. Landed to lakers and lost a king on 450 copper, broke the knot at the swivel! Ugh. I didn’t check the trench. Started south of the finger and trolled southerly towards the plant. 44-48 degrees down 110 once we found it in 140-150 fow.

Thanks for the report. How were the waves? Heard it’s been pretty windy this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Over 25 charters went out of Henchen's this morning gotta be reports somewhere.......

I could see boats in the trench from the beach today. Don’t know if that means anything, but like you said... there’s gotta be reports after yesterday and today.

If I had to bet a dollar$$ there are a few kings that have entered the trench, lake trout are on bottom off the finger 140+ a few kings are on the mountain and south towards the north dune.  It’s the same **** as it’s been for 20 years outta Henderson.  And it’s been rough most of the days.  Henchens is ganna have a pile of lake trout and a few kings at the fish cleaning station and those kids are ganna be pissed by the end of the day cleaning all them slimers that mostly get thrown away 

I was out on the finger for a couple of hours Tuesday. Temp was 73 @ 100. Once I got out a little deeper I found some mid 50s deep. Temp seemed to jump around, 48 in one spot, a few min later, 63 at the same depth.

Anyway, got a 26 lb king on a green/silver/black stinger. Sorry, I’m no good with the names after they come out of the package.

That was the only hit I had, probably because I tangled two dips eyes and a copper on a turn, and didn’t know it until it was time to head in.

Still beats working, still learning the fishery in that area. Lots of lakers from what I’m understanding.

The fleas weren’t bad, how ever, they seem to have grown. They look like miniature shrimp now. I could see the eyes, and their little spiny legs. Not as many, and much easier to clear from the lines.

I hope to get out one day next week if the winds cooperate.

Good luck,out there !

Rusty

Thanks for giving me an idea what to do tomorrow in the morning!! Yes wind has been a little gnarly it seems, usually August it calms a bit, but this year.....and on the days I have off it seems.
Just what I like to hear! Large fleas!! Lol! Make cleanup after easier!
I'll try to post as we go tomorrow. Last time we went out the temp was all over. Just fish the marks and try is all we can do.

Luke, sent you a pm

Rusty

Was out this morning, launched at stony, fished finger area... Took a 26 lbs King and 2 lakers. Best water was over 135: 75 down was 48 degrees. King and 1 laker on rigger, other laker on 450 copper. All fish came on spoons. IMG_2165.JPGIMG_2176.JPGIMG_2175.JPG

Glad someone is catching something! Went Sat morning, boat on trailer leaving Stony at 930. Weather forecast was about 4hrs off on wind. Made 1 troll down trench, packed up and beat our way back to Stony. Fish aren't worth beating up the boat and equipment and each other. Not enjoyable to me. Will pick a calmer day. Marked a few in trench near wall. No takers. Fleas were not at all bad and yes they are large, easy cleanup for once. Fished over 100-120. Most marks were around 50-60'. Water temp was around 48.