Bibs for use on board fishing

Earl28

I will be purchasing bibs for use on-board in the early and late season fishing trips. Please help me with your recommendations. I have looked at the Frogg Toggs Dealer Pro Advantage Bibs as an example of what I am considering. thank you

From my experience I say spend some money on a good pair of bibs that will last you.i have had a few pairs of cheaper bibs and they don't last more than 1 season. I had a pair of sims that were great and would have lasted a long time but they came up missing. On black Friday I bought some from west marine and I like them so far. True timber has some out now that are $99 but I wasn't sure about them. Has anyone tried them?

• 4 weeks later...

I have the Rivers West Kokanee Bib and Jacket. The set runs anywhere from $250 to $280 depending on where you buy it. It’s been an excellent foul weather set and IMO is right up there with the way more expensive offerings from Cabelas and/or BPS! Very compressible too and takes up very little room!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Last season I went with a Rivers West Bass Jacket and Bibs.  Stayed warm and dry last spring in the rain and cold weather. Little heavier gear than their Kokanee suits.  I went with Rivers West after using their hunting clothing and having that hold well.  Not a big name brand, but my experience is that it is good stuff.

• 1 month later...
Last season I went with a Rivers West Bass Jacket and Bibs.  Stayed warm and dry last spring in the rain and cold weather. Little heavier gear than their Kokanee suits.  I went with Rivers West after using their hunting clothing and having that hold well.  Not a big name brand, but my experience is that it is good stuff.

Grundens hands down. Bought mine over 40 years ago when I kept a boat in Gloucester. Still have and use the same set.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Are they as durable? I love my Muck boots but barely get two years out of them. My son Tommy destroys them in a matter of months.

10 hours ago, whaler1 said:

Are they as durable? I love my Muck boots but barely get two years out of them. My son Tommy destroys them in a matter of months.

Breathable suits don't last as long if I had to guess.  My son and I haven't gone thru any of ours, but we take care of them.  I sweat so bad wearing a non- breathable suit I might as well just get wet.  Muck has a new more durable boot I bought this last fall...I have the same problem with them and I'm hoping for more life!

Breathable suits don't last as long if I had to guess.  My son and I haven't gone thru any of ours, but we take care of them.  I sweat so bad wearing a non- breathable suit I might as well just get wet.  Muck has a new more durable boot I bought this last fall...I have the same problem with them and I'm hoping for more life!

Like a friend of mine says you gotta have 3 boats. One for fishing one to go fast and one for pleasure. Same with bibs you can’t find one to do everything perfectly.

Love my Grundens. I have the medium weight ones and wear them from April - June and then again September-October.

Easy on, easy off, comfortable, and waterproof IMG_6547.thumb.JPG.159fe700cc30b98afba008e1857e875f.JPG

‘Bout Time

Mike