Legacy -The 2020 Season-

Legacy

According to Facebook "on this date" six years ago I shot a turkey with a bow... I'm in that exact spot today. Hmmm...

Sent from my moto z4 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Must be the day. I let them walk but it was tough to watch them sit there for 20 minutes ......IMG_9355.JPG

‘Bout Time
Mike

Just got out of the woods. The wife and I did two slow, quiet pushes for my cousin and buddy. Kicked out two nice bucks but no bears. Looks like the bears I’ve been seeing moved out of that area to another swamp.  Great feelin to be in the woods without a weapon,helpin others fill tags. 

13F108AF-D720-450E-AA2D-06440D156136.jpeg

• Like 5

October 24 am
47 degrees
Cloudy
NW wind 10-15
Major cold front overnight

Very surprised by the lack of movement this morning. Pulled a card when I was leaving and zero deer had moved through in the prior 24 hours. A small buck was the only thing I saw this am. This property is running out of standing crops. Corn is the last thing left and they have already started to cut it.

IMG_20201024_091012884.jpeg

Second try today for me also. Neighbors are buzzing around on their ATV’s already .... I am going to try and keep my head down and grind but my decision to hunt Akron today is backfiring. 

• Like 1

Rained pretty good here way up north this morning . Slept in a little then took the new pup out to get him on birds and deer hunted this evening . 4 doe and some turkeys.
Deer hunt in the morning . Then fishing .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Good luck in the morning!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Agreed. No reason to beat it to death. I’m going to continue hunting evenings on the outside edges of my rut stands till I see some evidence. Good luck every one

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Yes. Tough to do right now but yes. I hate mid October. Later this week is a different story!

I agree with all of the posts about the general lack of movement yesterday. We saw deer in the evening, but nothing rutty. My prediction - like lots of folks - was that this would be THE week. It's still possible, but if so then all he$$ needs to break loose fast. Maybe today is the day.

10 hours ago, Gill-T said:

Nothing has started yet. The lack of roadkills is evidence. 

Certainly a big uptick in road kills lately but certainly not November numbers yet.