Legacy -The 2020 Season-

Legacy

Found 17 in 1 field couple weeks ago. IMG_7925.JPGIMG_7928.JPG63621660233__861AC5DC-B13C-49C4-AD82-0602B2525305.JPGIMG_7934.JPGIMG_7962.JPGIMG_7959.JPGIMG_7935.JPGIMG_7968.JPG3 matching sets , 1 set was laying side by side on a Hedge Row. Spent a morning and an afternoon over the course of a week as the snow melted.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• Like 2

That seems like a lower take than normal for you lol!! I haven't checked any of the fields near my house yet, but I expect they are getting picked over quickly. We did find a carcass in the field next to our shooting house that wasn't there at the end of the season. It was a six point buck that we'd all seen several times over the course of the season - no idea what killed him. We are not near any roads, and it wasn't a hard winter. Perhaps it was an unfortunate shot during bow from one of the neighbors that eventually took him out? Not much of a buck, but folks can shoot at what they want to shoot. 

Just out of curiosity what is done with the sheds? I know the straighter ones used to be used for knife handles...

I was on vacation in old forge about 10 years ago and they had a rack in one of the touristy type stores and it had 3 inch ends polished white tail antlers for $12.  They were from younger age class bucks too.  Made me go hmmmm....

If you can find something Yuppies want you can make a decent living.  They will pay $7.50 for a boat cleat in the kayak section while we pay $2 for the same cleat in the marine section.

A friend of mine was doing antler art and he was making  handles for grill utensils etc.  If you have a lot of antlers of the same side and same general size you can make chandeliers.  Most people I know do nothing with them - even the better ones.

We try to match up ones from deer we've been watching to gauge their progression from yr. to yr. Having the antlers in your hand is much better than comparing trail cam pictures. Then if someone in the group gets the deer they also get all the sheds.