The Port Bay Reports (how it really went down) Day 1.and mor

Well day one at the port bay resort and fishing camp was pretty uneventfull.Got to hanks shop and had to show him how to tune a moter and install a out drive ,he caught on pretty fast,for a old guy with 1 arm.Nick and i took my boat out for a test run and a little fishing .We did pretty good with steelies ,cohos,atlantics ,and of course mr brown.Kept enuf for a romantic evning dinner.by the time we got in Musky was there with boat #3 for 3 guys.Got back to camp where nick(doublehaul) striped down to his cooking atire,made some pan seared browns, to go along with the venision sausage ,peppers and onions.Mike (landshark) showed up early 11:oo pm forcing us to stay up late taste testing nicks homebrew(till gone)drank all the beer to.Nick musta felt a little guilty to the extra pounds he put on after trimming 20 lbs in his quest for the new perfect woman.Speaking of perfect women one of the guys that showed up aty 11:00pm is dating a women old enuf to be most of our grandmother without giving up her age its more than 60 and less than 100.So back to nick and his struggling with the quickly aquired 15 lbs of food and drink, had but only one choice and that was to become bulomic.He did a good job too pretty much spackled the wall floor and toilet area of the only bathroom in camp gosh good thing he didnt go outside in the 5 acre farm.Nicks friend Chief Fluffy Feather showed up late also him and nick shared the same T-pee that nite ...well after a few follow up calls to calafornia at 2:00am it was off to bed for our 0500 wake up call to the lulling sounds of Indian drums.................................................

Ray knowing how your other posts have been in the past I am sure that this one is very accurate :yes: well except for the part about hank not knowing how to tune the engine and install the out drive :o:lol:

Sounds like a lot of fun being had! Poor Shawn and Mike ;( they just didn't know better :lol:

Well we got up at 0500 and decided it would be unfare to the local charters to go out early and take the first crack at the fish so we snuggled in till 0830 ,the extra sleep put all of us hot on our game.after several attemps to let the boards out bob hollard out the door and told nick to wait till we put the boat in the water to start fishing.Reluctlanty nick agreed and off to the launch we went.Nick,Fluffy ,and Mike took Nicks boat and went west,bob and i took my tub and went east.Bob and i were doing real good on the browns and cohos and the other guys threy a 8 lb (opps13) king in the cooler.feeling guilty about our skill level we quit fishing at 1100 and headed in for a little nappypoo.at 3 bob started to make the secret adronick chowder from 2 year old salmon so i went for a little fish trip to give the chef some room .the fishing was much better after a nap.Then the majic moment we all wait for the first taste of adronick chowder sipping across the lips then the teeth only to have your toungue experenct the first taste and it was PERFECT the creamy flavorful broth exploding the taste buds like 4th of july grand finally......then it happened the first pice of salmon it tasted just like 2 year old freezerburnt salmon the wonderful rubbery texture that destinct salmon flavor was covered by the chowder itsself.That evning we drank milk and water and went to bed much earlier .....Chief Fluffy Feather ran upstairs erected the Tee Pee and nick climbed in and lights out (except a flashlight in the T-Pee)Ps.Two more guys showed up too Shawn(fx) and John(?)

Thanks for the wonderful midnight phone call, to let me know what a great time I have missed. If it was not for my horse going through the barbed wire and needing 250 stitches.

Then bring her home to find both my doges had been run over and killed. After putting my horse back in the barn, and going inside to find a note on the kitchen table , my wife ran off with my best friend.. I assure you I would have been there.

So till next year, if my luck holds out I will be there.

Semper Fi Ray

Day 3 How did i get here?, who am i? and what have i become???well technically day 3 started at 12.00 midnite after day 2 (i think) with musky on the couch snoring and shouting in his sleep (jacki curtians hury with the curtians) i knew the lopsided broken recliner i was in would not due for the rest of the evning so i found a bed open there were lots due to the fact everyone else had doubled up in the beds,they musta been cold sleeping alone thank goodness i brought a blanket.Day # 3 would be a day the fish soon wont forget,with 4 on board my tub we were racking fish every 5 min with Nick,Chief Fluf,and Mike doing just as well the first pass was steady pick for 2 miles then we had to hunt up small pods to get our max limit by 1.00pm.we kept every thing we caught and still came up short 1 fish of our 30 fish limit.we,ve got to get more involved and do this again Port Bay is a nice little area with a bunch of friendly folks even Curly(hank) stoped by and vistied everyday as he didnt have much work going on yet.Nick,Mike,Chief Fluffy,John,Musky,and Shawn It was a good time hope you guys have more good weather and good luck catching fish .Sorry i hid the toilet paper when i left hope it didnt mess up anyones planes or the floor.. feel free to finish day 3,4,5

ray k.

Ray's posts explain why you guy's all looked liked you had been sleeping in the dog pen! Sorry to have missed out on all the action (browns and otherwise). Don't barf on my boat & make sure Hank works on it all weekend - good luck and have a happy hangover!

Thank You Hank, for putting up with the fret boys of the LOU..poor guy has work backed out the door and we all come to camp hauling our detorating fleet to his front door with the expactations he'll drop what he is doing and get us up and running......He did....So if ya want some good advice,very reasonable pricing,and are willing to hear "RELAX" a few times give hank a call..He even managed to get in a charter friday and i guess he knows what end of the pole goes in the water too.Thanks again CURLY (is your moma home)and im sorry for the temper tantrum i threw a week ago hope you get a day with the boys and share some catching advice..

Nick's (DoubleHaul) Boat

Pq2lPJYA.jpg

Landshark - DoubleHaul and his friend Steve fighting a Fish

aV2ka5Br.jpg

Everyone that Did not go missed out on a great time, and I think we should try to do it again in the fall

All I can say is besides great fishing and great food and weather the guys were all great. Ray, Bob, John,Shawn, Chowder, Vic, Nick, Swamp, Steve and Hank. Nice to meet and or fish with ya. There were so may laughs I don't know where to begin. Here is a couple.

Stans late night phone call

Nick trying to burn the house down cooking.

Bob sweating like Ray at a Spelling Bee as he slaved over a hot stove.

The first morning when nick was still 3/4 in the bag and decided to bass land a brown only to break off in the boat. How did that work out for ya buddy?

I think Vic has a bottomless stomach

Pete, Nick took that pic just as a 6' wave hit the back of the boat. :lol:

AND if you look at the swim platform, you'll notice it is dipped down more on Shawn's side than it is on mine. I think it has something to do with that double order of SOS he had before we went out. :P:D

Also, Hey Chowder, it was nice meeting you. Thanks for donating that nice arch on your boat to me. I'll make good use of it. :lol:

Next year I'm FISHIN! ;) .....although if I cant....I'm going back for the FOOD! :D . First thing I was served was Muskybobs

famous Adirondack salmon chowder :yes::inlove::clap: from there it didnt stop coming....you guys know how to cook and eat. Nicks pickeled pike...awesome...Muskybobs "chicken riggies" :inlove: and Fx's marinated venison :clap: that was cooked to perfection by Nick (aka "four alarm") :D It was real cool meeting and hanging out with you guys.....lots of stuff to talk and laugh about.....great time and I didnt wet a line.

Thanks for letting me be a part of it! :yes:

Thanks to Muskybob ,Hank, Landshark,Nick,FX,JR and Steve :hi:

First chance I've had since Thursday before heading to PB Resort, to be on the site. The guys have summed it up pretty well and a good time was had by all - fishing and otherwise. :yes::beer: I would just like to send out a big THANK YOU to Hank (L&M) and his friend Shirl for settin us up in a nice home and making us feel welcome. :clap: Thanks also to Nick and Bob for putting things together and making it happen. What a great bunch of guys! It was nice meeting all of you and the laughs shared and memories made are priceless. Had a great time fishing out of Ray's and Bob's boats and catching all those fish was a nice bonus. It was fun sharing "fishin" (and cooking) techniques, tips, and tricks. Bob showed Ray and I how to carefully catch and release John's sneaker, and then to our surprise, John revealed one of his top secrets by showing us how to catch and release Bob's jacket just moments later....and then a rod went off... Ray and I wanted to practice these new tips, but they wouldn't let us. :( Nick showed us how to fill a house up with smoke while cooking venison on the stove and not set off a smoke detector - amazing! Course, I don't remember seeing a smoke detector, but anyways, it was a cool trick and the venison was....well.... perfect. :smoke: A big thanks to Chowder and Vic too for leaving their boat's all rigged and gassed up for us to fish out of. They worked great, except we couldn't quite get all the blood off everything and we had a fish jump out of the cooler on Chowder's boat that we could not find. We looked all over for it too and then a rod went off and.........well, I'm sure it found it's own way out We weren't quite sure what to use to get the blood and guts off the carpet in Vic's boat cause it looks so nice and we didn't want to stain it, so we thought it better to just let it dry and vacuum it up - well, we couldn't find a vacuum and then a rod went off and...... and then it was time to go....... Hank had some old gas in some 5 gallon buckets, so we filled your boat's back up. ;):D Sure am glad we hid the extra toilet paper so Ray wouldn't find it. :lol: Once again, thanks to all and can't wait till the next trip - did I hear fall?? :o

ps: I hope those flowers worked as well for you Nick as they did for me! ;)

Shawn