It was great to get out with my childhood buddies today. I just wish the fish would have cooperated for us. We started in 140 and ran out to 250 fow. We ended up with 2 skip Kings and one small laker. Definitely got my first fishing dose of humble pie. Just when I thought I had a fishing program figured out the lake showed me different. I stayed away from the pack today and fished east of the green bouy. There was definitely more chop on the lake than the report said for this morning. How did everyone else do???23646(1).thumb.jpeg.820bc3c84befc8661db1db9435155523.jpeg

• Like 1

We spoke at the dock.  I got there a couple minutes before you.  I started setting lines in around 100 fow straight out from the channel.  Landed a 2 yr old king before i could get the 4th rod set.  Fish hit a glow green alewife spoon 40 foot behind a slide diver out about 175.  2 minutes after i got my 6th rod set we landed another 2 year old king on the other slide diver out about 200.  Same spoon.  Kings were around 150fow.  After that we had a steady pick of steelhead between 100-180fow.  I believe we caught 5 or 6.  One on the slide diver that ripped a whole lot harder than a 5# fish should, 2 or 3 on the rigger with mag UV spoon, one on a sliding cheater with orange SS spoon.  Clean meat rig on a 300 copper off a board did nothing.  Same as a FF on a 200 steel.  Fleas were a bit of a pain.  Was excited to try some new "no flea" line and it worked terribly.  Ill post a review of it at some point.   Nice morning to be on the water!

We started in shallow and marked fish, but no takers, so we slow trolled from 80'-220' before picking up and running to 400'. We had lots of short hits throughout the day, mainly on sliders which I suspect were skippy. We caught two really nice steelhead, a couple of two and three year old kings, and ended up not really finding anything to write home about. Lots and lots of current. I'm not sure of numbers, but we were probably somewhere around 9/16 or so. Temp was 80+, but the steelhead were all on sliders. 

However, the new Magnum Metalz riggers performed flawlessly. I was a bit concerned about the clutch, with a bead and spring hitting the boom rather than a short stop, but they were smooth like butter. Probably less jolting than a Cannon. Certainly taking up less room on the back of the boat. I might just keep them lol.

We had a great morning 

My son and I fished for browns 

Fished 80 to 110 

Did about 20 hits landed I think 14 

Riggers mostly  .  My neighbor Charlie Chick gave me a Downrigger rod his Dad made.  So I had to use it . Parked it at 85 ft . We landed 10 of the 14 fish we caught on it . Some good vibes there . Glow frog was best .

3 good browns 

5 or 6 2 year old kings 

I laker 

.the rest shakers.  

Last and biggest fish hit my diver and ripped out to 450 . My son was bringing the fish in and the reel locked up . I didn't know what to do so I hand lined it in from 250 while my son wrapped the line around the rod holder.  What a fiasco.  18# king .

Fished 5:00 to 11:00 and did 4 kings, 1 steelhead and a nice Atlantic.  Bunch of releases we couldn’t connect on.  Fished west of the creek in 180-250 fow.  Best water was 225 fow.  All rigger hits on spoons.  Watermelon and red with pink spots was best.  

IMG_8270.jpeg

4 hours ago, 13owhunter said:

We spoke at the dock.  I got there a couple minutes before you.  I started setting lines in around 100 fow straight out from the channel.  Landed a 2 yr old king before i could get the 4th rod set.  Fish hit a glow green alewife spoon 40 foot behind a slide diver out about 175.  2 minutes after i got my 6th rod set we landed another 2 year old king on the other slide diver out about 200.  Same spoon.  Kings were around 150fow.  After that we had a steady pick of steelhead between 100-180fow.  I believe we caught 5 or 6.  One on the slide diver that ripped a whole lot harder than a 5# fish should, 2 or 3 on the rigger with mag UV spoon, one on a sliding cheater with orange SS spoon.  Clean meat rig on a 300 copper off a board did nothing.  Same as a FF on a 200 steel.  Fleas were a bit of a pain.  Was excited to try some new "no flea" line and it worked terribly.  Ill post a review of it at some point.   Nice morning to be on the water!

I'm anxious to hear your review of the Sunline "no flea" line... were you running the 30 or 40 lb?  I purchased a spool of each this morning.  Fleas are real bad on Ontario right now so that was a hardcore test you put the line through.  Appreciate any comments on the line, thanks in advance.

Fished iBay 5:30-10:30.  175-225 FOW. Was a little rough at times for our small boat but we managed and it calmed as the morning progressed.  All spoon bite, mostly watermelon, mostly riggers and 300 copper.  Nothing on divers with FF.  Ended up with 13 fish. 7 kings mostly small to medium, best only 10 lbs. Other 6 fish were steelhead, few nice ones.  Fleas not to bad.