Looking for spoon ID

Probably best bet to reach Dave from R&R is to call him at 607-729-5711.  He’s still painting and doing spoons as of a month or so ago.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

A lot of companies use the same blank manufacturer and some have their name stamped on them but blanks tend to be the same dimensions and component materials.

• 2 months later...
On 9/18/2023 at 9:05 AM, Sk8man said:

A lot of companies use the same blank manufacturer and some have their name stamped on them but blanks tend to be the same dimensions and component materials.

Doesn’t matter that companies use same blank manufacturer. 

Dave painted it.
It’s an R&R spoon.

Bait Bucket-Call Dave at 607-729-5711.
His spoons helped us place $$$ in the top 4 places in 3 of the last 4 Bear’s tourney on Cayuga. 

GREAT spoons!  

I guess my point was that the ACTION of the same blanks is the same regardless of the paint job. It suggests that you can paint them yourself or have someone paint them for you.

On 12/14/2023 at 8:02 PM, Doc said:

Doesn’t matter that companies use same blank manufacturer. 

Dave painted it.
It’s an R&R spoon.

Bait Bucket-Call Dave at 607-729-5711.
His spoons helped us place $$$ in the top 4 places in 3 of the last 4 Bear’s tourney on Cayuga. 

GREAT spoons!  

Thank you, will do. 

16 hours ago, marinerak87 said:

Everybody kniw this is a R&R spoon. It was asked what it was, not who could paint one similar....

I was offering an option if he couldn't get one of those particular paint jobs. I've used Dave's spoons for years so I understood the request; I don't know what the problems is with that.

• Like 1

It's the way Society is now it's easier to have a frown than a smile remember when you could  walk down the street get in a quick conversation with a stranger end up telling him/ her to have a good day when you're parted.

These days you can't call a decorated pine tree a Christmas tree they even cancel Christmas in some cities now. 

Edited by fisherdude
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I just saw this. I believe that is a northport nailer. I know the painter Emil very well. Years ago Dave who owns the company gave me an assortment of np to give to several captains out of Oswego to try. Problem was they were all sponsored by stinger. I’ll look to c what I have left and I stay in contact with Emil. Let me know if your still looking

37 minutes ago, tin cup said:

I just saw this. I believe that is a northport nailer. I know the painter Emil very well. Years ago Dave who owns the company gave me an assortment of np to give to several captains out of Oswego to try. Problem was they were all sponsored by stinger. I’ll look to c what I have left and I stay in contact with Emil. Let me know if your still looking

I am, thanks. 

On 12/29/2023 at 9:37 AM, tin cup said:

sorry I dont have it.  emil is no longer painting  maybe try dave the owner  good luck

The Northport’s were an iconic spoon. I can only say that Dave is not quite in that category nor is he a dependable resource. The spoons of Dave’s we wanted we ended up getting painted by folks that make the blank and adding our own tape . Sorry to have to say this after working with him since 2007…