Where'd everbody go ?

It used to be a site where information about fishing Lake Ontario was exchanged. Now it is mostly a sales ad website.

Also, salmon fishing may be a baby boomer thing. The boomers are getting old and are fishing less and there are not so many replacement fisherman.

Lot of boats get put away after the fall derby especially those that post a lot of those left some start fishing for other things like perch or walleye or river fishing where spot burning is more possible. A number of people also turn to hunting weather limits trips as well 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ifishy said:

Lot of boats get put away after the fall derby especially those that post a lot of those left some start fishing for other things like perch or walleye or river fishing where spot burning is more possible. A number of people also turn to hunting weather limits trips as well 

Bingo.

I was out on Cayuga a few days ago afternoon/early evening and picked up 7 lakers and 2 landlocked salmon. Caught most of them just south of Myers, both east and west sides.  Love fall fishing, fleas and weeds disappearing, fish starting to come up higher in the water column.  

Edited by cinnamon fish

Nice, I didn’t get a landlock this year but about everything else on Skaneateles. I put most of my trolling gear away besides a few rods for steelhead trolling in another week or two on the big O.

Edited by greenhornet73

I hope to get out a few more times. Also been noticing less posts here over the last year or so. Have seen an increase of posts and pics on Facebook. Fb may be stealing the thunder a bit.  Of course you have the fall transition of hunting and ppl putting their boats away.