Hunting Contests - NYS Gov. Hochul "protects wildlife".

I wonder if assemblymember Deb Glick from Manhattan has ever seen a coyote that wasn't on her TV, let alone propose legislation that concerns their control. She must be an urban coyote expert.

I wonder if Gov. Hochul has ever seen a fawn eviscerated by a coyote? Struggling to run, trailed by intestines........ 

Pace University (NY, NY) stands behind it! Lots of environmental experts there I bet.......

It's nauseating............ 

Governor Hochul Signs Legislation to Protect Wildlife | Governor Kathy Hochul (ny.gov)

You’re right Mike. Population control of these animals also benefits the species hunted. I’m sure none of the politicians have ever seen a hairless coyote or fox freezing in the dead of winter, a clear indication of overpopulation. 

Not only does hunting and fishing control the species hunted and fished it puts a ton of money back into the economy from buying licenses all the gear it takes ,gas ,food Etc. I wonder if that means there's no more Elite bass fishing in New York state no more Lake Erie Ontario fishing  derbies look how many contributions has gone to cancer and the Wounded Warriors just another way government is taking the rights and privileges away from the citizens of this country

Edited by fisherdude

There are now wolves in Montana, Idaho, Washington, Oregon, California, Wyoming, New Mexico, Arizona, .....Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Michigan...... Colorado recently released 10 transplanted Oregon wolves. Colorado's plan was approved in a vote by the general public. Not biologists, not Colorado Parks and Wildlife, ......... urban wildlife "experts, led by people like Deb Glick, Tim Kennedy, Kathy Hochul, and the ASPCA ...... The Adirondacks aren't much different than the UP of Michigan. It wouldn't surprise any of us if they sought to have Wolves introduced there...... would it?

22 hours ago, fisherdude said:

Not only does hunting and fishing control the species hunted and fished it puts a ton of money back into the economy from buying licenses all the gear it takes ,gas ,food Etc. I wonder if that means there's no more Elite bass fishing in New York state no more Lake Erie Ontario fishing  derbies look how many contributions has gone to cancer and the Wounded Warriors just another way government is taking the rights and privileges away from the citizens of this country

As of right now, its only limited to Squirrell, Crow, fox and coyote.  IF this clown doesn't get voted out of office, I wouldn't be surprised if it all goes away.  I just read an article yesterday on the possibility of NY following Californias lead of banning charcoal and gas grills.  Unreal........

Yeah. government was originally designed to serve the best interests of the people; not to impose your own opinionated will on others without any actual understanding of the issues involved or the consequences of those decisions.

Next year is an election year for the NYS Senate and Assembly.  It would be interesting to find out how your individual legislators voted on this bill as that is how it gets to the Governor for signature.   Until the past few years the Senate remained controlled by the Republican party, we need to turn some more upstate seats back to Republican control to get a majority back, not the ideal solution(would rather have more control than just the Senate) but at least it would allow some other voices to be heard. 

It’s actually entertaining to read this stuff that’s packed with B&B!

Buzzwords and BS

Then kill every coyote that you can, anytime you can!

If we work at the coyotes and get over run with squirrels and rabbits maybe they will pass a law and offer a bounty on them!

The unfortunate fact is that the elections in this state are at the root a numbers game and upstate votes don't really mean much these days. The state is run by downstate numbers.