Yankee out of Rochester March 30th - King Me!

Just watched the video. That kid did a great job fighting that king.  It’s hard to hold back the excitement when a king hits and have the patience to take your time tiring it out on light line. ….ask me how I know🙄

• Haha 1

Neighbor kid home from college wants to go .I hear Hughes is to low to launch . Where is there a launch out your way to put a boat in? You are absolutely correct about the lime green Yozuri... Really enjoy your reports.Keep em comming.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fishstix said:

Neighbor kid home from college wants to go .I hear Hughes is to low to launch . Where is there a launch out your way to put a boat in? You are absolutely correct about the lime green Yozuri... Really enjoy your reports.Keep em comming.

Bear creek, or I-Bay

Capt Rich— great video of the young man doing a great job handling that salmon.  Just curious what rod/reel/line combo?  It sure looked like it was a medium rod and it was all it could do to handle the big salmon.

4 minutes ago, Pair of Jacks said:

Capt Rich— great video of the young man doing a great job handling that salmon.  Just curious what rod/reel/line combo?  It sure looked like it was a medium rod and it was all it could do to handle the big salmon.

The rod is a 9' ML action rod that Fat Nancy's sells made by Riverside (I think). Reel is a Daiwa Saltist 20 loaded with 10lb test McCoy Mean Green and a 10lb McCoy fluorocarbon leader. Fighting a Salmon on that rod is asking a lot, especially with customers. Toss in the smallish trebles found on most stickbaits and landing Salmon is a chore!

Thank you for taking the time to help us so we can all enjoy our sport even more.  Great report.  The learning never stops.

Tight Lines

• Like 1

Capt Rich:  you said you went west from the Genesee.  How far west did you go?  To Braddock Bay?  West of Braddock Bay?

Where was that salmon caught?  Like others have said:  great video!!   Thanks for sharing!! - Mr Kato