Two Chemung County Bucks

Hookedup

My brother inlaw and I got to spend a few mornings in the woods this past week bow hunting. Friday morning my brother inlaw called a big eight point into 7 yards and put him down. I didnt get any pics of the deer in the field but I have one from when we caped him out. I got to hunt monday morning and this time I took my camera. We had some snow on the ridge I was hunting monday, and I was getting to hunt a new stand I had hung in a bedding area that was easy to sneak into. After having some does and a small buck come in and bed down, a red fox showed up around 9am. I wanted to get a pic of him in the snow, so i got my camera out. Just as I went to take his pic a twig broke twenty yards behind me and I looked over my shoulder to see the buck. By the time I got the camera hung up and my bow down the deer passed through my shooting lane. I got on the calls but the deer was dumb to the world. When he got about 90 yards out I hit him with my BIG Grunt Tube and he came running. The deer came straight down my shooting lane head on so I had to take a quartering shot at about 10 yards. The arrow went just behind the shoulder and exsited on the opposite flank. The deer ran around 100 yards and piled up. I went and got my brother inlaw and in just the short time I was gone that red fox had gone to work on the bucks hind quarter. I would've thought it was coyotes if I didnt see the fresh fox tracks in the snow.

terrydeer.jpg

IMG_6409.jpg

aRRGH cut it out , ive leased some land in odessa so ive been really hunting it hard but with kid gloves, In 2 days (last two days ) the scrapes went from "O" to 100 .......

but no good sightings tho i snuck 25 yds from a monster :lol: 4 pt bedded down wed, for every deer track i see 10 coyote tracks,and after sunset the dogs let out their evening howl in surrond sound.

i should of got within 10 yds of that 4 pt it was a perfect stalk but his head was spinning like a top from 70 yds in not even a chickadee went un-noticed to him they are at 110% alert.

Great jjob you two ,rare to get 1 nice buck let alone 2 in one outing...