"Down the chute"

apb

Both have their place. If I had to choose it would be copper. Spend the extra time or money and mark your copper at 50 ft increments so you can fish a long copper setup as a short one during desired times. I personally own 200,300,400,500&600. My 400 and 500 do great during the summer and the 200 and 300 have their place early in the season.

[ Post made via iPhone ] iPhone.png

Just get more inline planners and run them off boards. Or run a musky float and get it way back out the chute. A chute rod can get in the way. We have run 21 rods and never used a chute rod. They can get in the way when resetting long cores or coppers.

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Nope shallow or short lines on outside will go over the top of inside deep lined. Same when you let it back out just let board float way back out the chute then it will go back over the lines to its starting position. We like to run 12 boards six copper on starboard and six core on port. Then four riggers and six dipsys if we have the crew on board.

What hookedup has explained to you guys works great run my cores and coppers the same way.... I do suggest starting with just 3 boards on each side and when you get comfortable doing that add a couple more out there... . Running your cores and coppers this way gets them away from the boat which will drastically improve your catching of off fish! ! If you guys wanna give it a try stop down to hills valleys and streams in Elmira NY and ask for Mike and i will set you up and explain any further questions you may have....

Mike

Sometimes guys ask me what would you get next? And I always say more leadcore and copper. As stated the "chute rod" can get in the way when other rods get fish on them. I have run 600' copper down the chute only because I don't have in inline board big enough to haul it.

Another option for running leadcores and dipseys is off outriggers using shower curtain hook releases as well as Blacks at the ends. I've run three off each side in the past along with the regular downriggers and copper or stainless wire down the middle and deep.