fish catching methods

what is your "favorite" method to catch fish while trolling?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. what is your "favorite" method to catch fish while trolling?

• downriggers
    • leadcore/copper
    • dipseys/ jet divers
    • planer board/ flatlining
    • other

Oh man,there's nothing like the hit on a wire dipsy,I love it when it's been a bit slow,and you're not paying attention,when all of a sudden,that wire rod starts screaming,and it's tough to get out of the rod holder.

Remember in the movie "Patton",when George C Scott is talking about war and the battles,and says "god I love it so". Well, thats how i feel about wire dipsies.

Sorry, IMO leadcore and copper kill the fight of the fish. I love to see that rod snap up with a rigger release and have nothing but the weight of the fish to feel. It was not an option, but, my favorite is hooking a king off the piers in the fall while casting. To feel that slam when a mature nails your spoon in the dark is nothing short of orgasmic.....sorry for the visual.

Gill-T

Its a better visual without the korny lunch box :lol:

You know my answer is Riggers all the way. Controlled depth Execution.

Gill seen a piece of that last Pro-Am

Jerry

REBEL

My vote goes to the wire hits. To see that rod pound and struggle to get it out of the holder really is a rush.

Jerry, I have come to know that downrigger hits on your boat are too dangerous!!! :lol:

Pat,

You just remember to "RUSH" At 6:30 and 25 seconds into Pro-Am day 1 this year. Man 3 full grown fishermen staring at each other to get the first rod IS JUST WRONG :devil:

Jerry

REBEL

i agree about fighting fish on core and copper. Its not very fun, but you know that your big boy of the day WILL come off it. As far as fighting i would choose the rigger rod with a spoon. Now there is a clean/fun fight.

i love to watch the leadcore rod get whacked and i love to hear the wire dipsey rod scream but i would have to pick downriggers, myself.nothing better in my eyes than a hot spoon bite on the riggers. plus i think its a better battle of man vs. fish

Gulp. My favorite method is with a rod, reel, line and hook. Any way to entice the peanut size brain to strike.

Most favorite though is on a nice drift from the bank when I can't see the fish in the water. All that tension is released in a mighty wham as that brute notices you are on the other end of that line. Drift fishing is active and you have all your attention on the rod tip as you drift through the holes. I had a great season on the tributaries-landed several hundred and lost many more.

Oh, sorry, that wasn't one of the options.

Jekyll